Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Kenbo21
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I got my cortex today and something is def wrong. I am either doing it wrong of this thing is messed up. I opened it up and connected it to my computer. At first I got a message saying driver did not install correct. Than finally I got it to install. I made an account and did everything like it said. The programmer will turn on when connected to my computer but that is all I can do. It does nothing when connected to my truck. It doesn't turn on or anything. More help on this would be great.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Kenbo21
Amateur

Ok so I had a blown IOD Fuse. I just replaced the fuse and everything is working good again. The radio is fine and everything seems back to normal. Now I did not know the IOD Fuse also cuts power to OBDII. So I am guessing that is why I was not getting anything from the Cortex when it was connected to the truck. So when I get home from work today I am going to try again. Hopefully it will work this time. Only thing is that I dont think it updated.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:10 AM
JustINploided
Amateur

Good luck please keep updated

Old 03-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Kenbo21
Amateur

Well I went and connected to the truck. I did everything it said. It saved stock file 1. than on stock file 2 it said. E-46 stock map is not stock or something like that. So I searched online and I see that my only option is the stealership to reflash it to new. So I have 2 questions.

First. Does this mean it is already chipped? Or just was at some point?

Second. Will this def work? the local stealership wants $92 to do it and said if it doesn't work I still have to pay.

Please let me know guys. I am going to wait until some people respond before I go and pay for it.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Please contact customer service directly for prompt service to this matter. Customer service can be reached at 888-227-2447.

Scott

Originally Posted by Kenbo21
Well I went and connected to the truck. I did everything it said. It saved stock file 1. than on stock file 2 it said. E-46 stock map is not stock or something like that. So I searched online and I see that my only option is the stealership to reflash it to new. So I have 2 questions.

First. Does this mean it is already chipped? Or just was at some point?

Second. Will this def work? the local stealership wants $92 to do it and said if it doesn't work I still have to pay.

Please let me know guys. I am going to wait until some people respond before I go and pay for it.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Kenbo21
Amateur

Ya I just called. Its a E-43 code not 46. Anyways all the guy said it to bring it to a dealership and have them reflash it to new. LOL i already got that from reading online but it was nice to hear for sure. So this kinda sucks that I am going to spend $340 on the programmer and $92 on the reflash. But Im going to suck it up and do it. I really hope the reflash works. I am about to go head there right now and it would blow *** if the reflash doesn't work.

Ok so I went to the dealership. Total after tax was $101. Damn they suck but keep reading. Here is the story.

I bought this truck as is 3 weeks ago. So I bought the Superchip Cortex. Went to install the tune on the truck, and I got the code I posted about before. So after going to the stealership I drove the truck home. And wow that felt a lot different than it did before they reflashed it. It was just like people said. Sluggish and shifted funny. So there was def a tune on there before. First off b/c of the code E-43 meaning it did not have a stock file or record. Second b/c it def felt different driving home after the reflash to stock.

I get home and plug in the Cortex. Do everything it says and it works fully this time. After a total of about 15 min I was on my way with the 87 tune. Well I have to say. 2 thumbs up to SUPERCHIPS. You guys are amazing. It was very easy to use and the performance is amazing. Holds the gears longer, big increase in performance and throttle responce is just spot on. Thanks for making a great product. You guys are amazing.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 AM
brad15

Hey everyone. I have a 3865 for my 2004. I'm trading it in and purchasing a 2012. Since the flashpaq isn't for the 12, I want to sell it to a friend of mine. Is the unit connected to my email or registered to me or anything like that? Or can I just return my 04 to stock and sell flashpaq? Thanks.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Once returned to stock it will be good to go on the next vehicle. Just make sure that if you downloaded and are using any of the additional features like TPMS offroad or the Advanced Trans Tuning that you also return those to stock individually before it goes to the next owner.

Scott

Old 03-27-2012, 01:08 PM
BWhelan
Professional

Hey guys.

I have the Superchips 3865 for my 07 4.7l 1500. I've tuned it two different times and two different ways but seem to be continously have the same problem.

After it's tuned and only after it's tuned, my truck creates a rattle when driving up steep hills. It only makes this noise when it's in low RPMs (less than 2k)

The first tune i used was the gas saver tune without tuning for the 35in tire size.

The second tune I went to the 87 octane tune and adjusted for the tire size. It seems to be running better, but it is still making the rattle.

If I put the truck in "Tow" it doesn't do it, but it's because the RPMs won't drop low enough.

Any thoughts on what this could be? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Bryan

Old 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

^^^ sounds like your valves are rattling not because of the tine but becase youre going uphill and putting engine under a load.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates