Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 05:12 AM
adventurer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by houseoftoes
So the other day I finally got my DSP calibrated and the crom updated. Put in the 91 tune and WOW!! I love it. I hit the gas and that engine woke up from a deep sleep like a bat out of hell. Barely touching the gas and thowing you in the back of the seat. The best $200 I have ever spent. One of these days I will put in a higher octane gas just to play with 93 tune. Thank you DSP!!
Congrats , before you try the 93 tune fill your tank with 93 octane fuel and try it on the 91 tune then try the 93 tune on the 93 octane and report back which one is better , enjoy

Old 02-19-2012, 05:36 PM
houseoftoes
Professional

I was running the 89 octane on the 91 tune and that was nice, but man after I filled up with 91 there even more of a ummph when I hit the gas. I swear this thing is gonna get me pulled over one day, LOL!! I never got any pinging with the 89 so until the gas prices drop it will be 89 for me. I will try the 93 octane but I have not seen any of it where I am at. weird..

Old 03-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Folkmantis
Rookie

I was wanting to buy a DSP chip for my 2002 dodge ram 1500 4.7, but they say that they only started doing the 4.7 for 2005+ for third gen. Will that tune work on my truck? I was really hoping to get a Diablosport chip instead of a superchip because diablo has a lot more options for the transmission.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 PM
redneckhemi

Just picked up a predator. Does anyone have some solid settings on it for the 04 hemi? I definitely have noticed the difference. I went through about 20 pages of the 100+ but seems I hit all the wrong ones lol.

I'm running it right out of the box with 93 performance tune with c/a/i this isn't floored, just normal driving and then roll into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbD64...p&noredirect=1

Old 04-11-2012, 01:56 PM
thumperk15
Veteran

I have a small problem but it's still a problem. I suctioned my Diablo Trinity to my glass and when it's in the heat all day the glass apparently gets rather warm lol. It melted the suction cup to the black base and now when I go to attach it it won't pull it in enough to hold it to the glass. Is there another alternative or is there only the suction cup mounting bracket? I'm not fabbing a dash mount or anything so that's out.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:37 PM
mikehouston
Amateur

Has anyone tried the InTune with a 2006 Ram 5.7? Since the DSP is being discontinued and the InTune is replacing it was just wondering if anyone has tried it yet?

Old 04-21-2012, 05:36 PM
daytonachad
Default InTune

Originally Posted by mikehouston
Has anyone tried the InTune with a 2006 Ram 5.7? Since the DSP is being discontinued and the InTune is replacing it was just wondering if anyone has tried it yet?

I got my InTune earlier this week. Still playing with it, Ive been using my Predator on my Charger for years. My truck didnt like the trans tune. Kep throwing cel.
I just installed the 91 Octane tune for the ECM, made a nice difference. Still want to get rid of the torque management form the TCM.

Chad Lyons,
Hartford City, IN
06 Ram 1500 Hemi, Quad Cab, Laramie, 4x4

Old 04-21-2012, 06:36 PM
mikehouston
Amateur

Originally Posted by daytonachad
I got my InTune earlier this week. Still playing with it, Ive been using my Predator on my Charger for years. My truck didnt like the trans tune. Kep throwing cel.
I just installed the 91 Octane tune for the ECM, made a nice difference. Still want to get rid of the torque management form the TCM.

Chad Lyons,
Hartford City, IN
06 Ram 1500 Hemi, Quad Cab, Laramie, 4x4

Thanks, I know the DSPs are huge in the SRT4 Community. But limited to just a single vehicle at 1 time. Just wondering what the canned tunes are like in the InTune for the Ram. If it is worth it.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:13 PM
daytonachad

Originally Posted by mikehouston
Thanks, I know the DSPs are huge in the SRT4 Community. But limited to just a single vehicle at 1 time. Just wondering what the canned tunes are like in the InTune for the Ram. If it is worth it.
I loved my Hemi LX Predator. I used it for years in my Charger and now in the wife's Magnum.
Went to tune the truck today with the InTune:
I tried installing the 91 Octane ECM tune with the TCM tune. went to drive it and truck shifted HARD into drive and started out in 2nd gear. within a few seconds the check engine light chimed. I pulled over and use the InTune to check to codes, it was a P0700 (trans) code. So, I cleared the code, put the truck back to stock and drove home.
Later I tried reinstalling both tunes, same outcome.
I cleared the code, put it back to stock. I then tried installing just the 91 octane ECM tune.(no TCM tune) It worked!
Today, I reinstalled the stock tune. Trying to get both the PCM and TCM tunes to work.
Installed the 91 octane pcm tune and the TCM tune
Same issue with the trans and the check engine light came on again within seconds.
Get back home, go to check codes with the InTune and get EXIT CALLED! Message and tuner locks solid.
Unplugged the InTune and keep getting the EXIT CALLED! text and then it locks the tuner. This happens whether I try to restore the stock tunes or even use the tuners scan tool feature.
I now contacted Diablosport support (which is closed until Monday) and my Truck is stuck in limp mode....
Personally, once I get my truck back to stock... Imn going to return the InTune and find a Predator for the truck
You should check out the forums on diablosport.com to see what others have experienced.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:19 AM
mikehouston
Amateur

oh wow, that sucks! i know its all in tuning, things happen. but I would be PO'd,. Hopefully you get it worked out soon. Think I will keep looking for a DSP instead of the InTune. Thanks for the information. Good Luck to you.

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews