Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:51 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah but thats why you get the wife a decent vehicle to drive around in, that way you can have your fun and still have a familly car to take the kids around in. I have been debating completely removing the center seat and designing a center consul to go there instead. Either that or wait til its paid off (5 grand more and its done) and then get something with a back seat to keep stock and keep this one in the garage and make it a 2 seater street monster.....

Old 06-29-2010, 10:08 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

hell my wife has a Mini Cooper. cant get much small and more fuel efficient that that compared to my truck. But like I said before, if i ever get another truck it will be a 4wd diesel rig.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just going to bump this up (even though it is already stuck). Anyone done any datalogging runs lately?

Old 07-04-2010, 08:41 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Just going to bump this up (even though it is already stuck). Anyone done any datalogging runs lately?
Well, I got home around noon today. Kinda lost tract of everything while out working. So I checked the tuner and the truck settings. It needs some ltc, but I took it out to get a baseline before putting the cat on. Ran a 5.88 (new best time) for a 0-60. It is coming together piece by piece. Now I'm really excited about the new cat. As the OEM cat looks really restrictive. Hate to say it but it looks to be choked down to at least 2-1/2" diameter from the three inch pipes. The Magnaflow is a honey comb design and I thought it would be a through design. Any inputs about this cat?

Old 07-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I am running a magnaflow high flow cat and it throws codes without the nonfouler trick. Don't know if it will make any kind of a gain for you, I put mine on when I did the header and y-pipe install so it was impossible to determine if the cats had any effect on performance.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:54 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock cats are not that bad flow wise. They have a mesh inside and you can see through them if you hold them up to the light. If you really want to get rid of the restrictions, just replacing the stock cats are not going to be enough. The ehaust manifolds to the cats are 2,5" in diameter, and then they continue out the cat 2.5" until it hits the crap stop Y which then it goes from two 2.5" pipes to one 3" pipe.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:53 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion

If you wanna get rid of restrictions, go with longtube headers with a 3" collector and 3" pipe all the way back (no cats)

Old 07-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

LT's with nice piping after it is really the only way to go if you want to eliminate restrictions as much as possible.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:04 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
LT's with nice piping after it is really the only way to go if you want to eliminate restrictions as much as possible.
Absolutely agree with you. LT's and a Y pipe are next. I hadn't plan to do any exhaust work yet, but then decided to go a head with the roll pan and then saw that the exhaust (FM50 duals) needed to be replaced, I thought I would do a cat back with the new Magnaflow system. While i was doing the exhaust I noticed the Cat was really restricted size wise, but didn't have a replacement Cat at that moment so finished the system leaving it. I really am looking for a stopping point for the summer and hopefully it'll be with the Cat install and a custom tune. Between working, family and preparing to go back overseas I want to focus a little on something other than the truck. We will see if i can hold the line........

Old 07-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

When are you headed back overseas?

Quick Reply: Data Loggers