Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:12 PM
MSD Adam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DODGEingbullets
Hey guys i just wanted to stop in and tell you guys thanks for all the info on the SC programmer. Ever since I bought my 06 Dodge in June, when I was home for leave from Iraq, I've been looking into a programmer. I just didnt know which one to buy, but I am sold on the Superchips. Thanks again.
Dodge:
Please remember that we offer all active and retired members of the U.S. armed forces a discount on our programmers. Please call Superchips customer service to redeem this offer. We support you guys 100% and would like to thank you profusely for all of the work you have done to keep us safe. The least we can do is make your truck light up.

The number is 888.227.2447. Please tell them I sent you.

Thanks again,
Adam Raper
President & CEO
MSD Performance, Inc.
www.msdperformance.com

Old 03-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Looks like Adam beat me to it. Thanks once again for your service!

Stay safe out there!

Scott

Old 03-03-2009, 04:47 PM
DODGEingbullets

Hey Adam and Scott, thanks for the info on the military discount and thanks for all the support. Me and the guys out here like to support the guys that support us, thats why we enjoy buying and promoting companies like yours. Ill be outta here in about a week and first thing im doing is ordering my programmer. Thanks again for the support and info. Keep up the great work and cant wait to try out your product.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:41 PM
traker1001
Captain

Originally Posted by MSD Adam
Dodge:
Please remember that we offer all active and retired members of the U.S. armed forces a discount on our programmers. Please call Superchips customer service to redeem this offer. We support you guys 100% and would like to thank you profusely for all of the work you have done to keep us safe. The least we can do is make your truck light up.

Wish I had known that before I bought mine, How much of a discount?

Old 03-03-2009, 09:32 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Just a question on these, what would happen if you ran lower than 91 octane in these trucks on the premium tune? I'm going to run that on my truck, but don't ever want it to happen that lower octane fuel is run. Or would it just be bad if lower octane was constantly run in it?

Old 03-03-2009, 10:05 PM
traker1001
Captain

BIG NO NO!!! You will get pinging, misfiring and risk damaging your engine. I accidently filled with 89 octane and knew almost right away that something was wrong. Didn't get a check engine light, But realized my mistake pretty quick and downgraded my tune until the next fill up.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:23 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Alright then. When should I do then tune? I have about a half tank right now, and was going to fill and tune tomorrow. It might be at 3/8 tank by then. Will that be empty enough?

Old 03-04-2009, 02:10 AM
traker1001
Captain

I started with the 87 tune,Completely Emptied my tank and then went to the 91 tune on refill, Actually did it at the gas station

Old 03-04-2009, 03:08 AM
PONCH

so when you run in 91 tune do u need to run 91 octane gas or what so what the piont of these superchips ive just ran 91 octane and got 2mpg better with no chip whats up i need some info

Old 03-04-2009, 09:10 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

A few of you have asked about torque management option that is coming. It's been released for the Chevy line. The description below is probably similar to the option our Rams can expect.

Don't know if it will be exactly the same, but this gives you an idea.

http://www.flashpaq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5081

New Shift Torque Option is available. This feels a lot like the shift pressure we have currently but instead of Stock +2PSI, etc the option is percentage based between stock and the Superchips values. So this means there is (in order from lowest firmness to highest firmness) Stock Value, 25% Superchips, 50% Superchips, 75% Superchips, Superchips Value (which is 100%), 125% Superchips, 150% Superchips, and Max Value. The Max Value is very aggressive on some trucks so we have added a warning screen that says: “Using Max Value removes all torque reduction during shifting. This setting is not covered by Superchips warranty and should be used cautiously.” Then they must accept yes/no. This is the wording we came up with in our engineering meeting. We do record when they use this setting and program the vehicle.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates