View Poll Results: Have you had good results by Grounding the TB ?
Yes
81.25%
No
18.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

grounding the TB ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 03:50 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adventurer
its not working on my 2010 like it did on my 06
The whole point of the Re-ground is to clear up noise.
A semi brand new truck isnt going to have alot of noise like a older model like your 06 would.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Willy McNasty
Rookie

Originally Posted by PhillyEagleKGD
I can take it pic, but it won't be very entertaining - just a simple red wire that runs across half the engine! The only mod I have (for now) is the AT3030 muffler (which I would also HIGHLY recommend).
Is your AT3030 annoyingly loud at highway cruising speed? How exactly does it sound? What set up do you have? Do you still have stock cats, & resonator?

Thanks,

Old 09-14-2013, 09:06 AM
spuldup
Rookie

Did this "mod" on my 06 last weekend. Been driving for a week and have noticed rock solid idle (used to fluctuate up/dn 50-100rpm), less revving at cold startup (1.6k vs. was revving to 2.1k rpm), and slightly better throttle response. Resistance from TB to battery post was over 2000ohms (range of meter) before installing, 1.2 ohms after. Grounded to the drivers side fender grounding location with 14AWG crimped, soldered and heat shrank to ring terminals. There is a nice big wire loom in that path where you can run the wire. Took approx 45 minutes and looks just about "factory".

Old 09-15-2013, 06:47 AM
adventurer
Professional

Originally Posted by spuldup
Did this "mod" on my 06 last weekend. Been driving for a week and have noticed rock solid idle (used to fluctuate up/dn 50-100rpm), less revving at cold startup (1.6k vs. was revving to 2.1k rpm), and slightly better throttle response. Resistance from TB to battery post was over 2000ohms (range of meter) before installing, 1.2 ohms after. Grounded to the drivers side fender grounding location with 14AWG crimped, soldered and heat shrank to ring terminals. There is a nice big wire loom in that path where you can run the wire. Took approx 45 minutes and looks just about "factory".
Good to hear that

Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2014, 11:56 AM
mitchn06

i've read pages and pages on this "mod" and decided since there was no real data or hard evidence that this mod did anything at all, i made some videos of the "mod" using an oscilloscope and posted them. I used 14AWG as my gound wire.

here are my findings: with the throttle body grounded i noticed that it clipped the voltage spikes down and eliminated SOME noise on the signal wire.

Effects on the pickup: i had a rather smooth idle to begin with and did make videos of the tach with/without the wire installed, and one could not really tell a difference. as far as driving the pickup, it again is hard to tell, because i just installed 33s on the pickup and am still getting used to those.

Old 09-05-2015, 02:31 AM
chiefjack

Grounded my TB yesterday using 12 gauge solid copper wire. Seemed to have much better throttle response, not much change in shifting.

Quick Reply: grounding the TB ???