3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What is the worst design flaw in the 3rd gens?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Inspector62
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the worst design flaw in the 3rd gens?

The weak azz excuse for an air conditioner. It's ok on the smaller cabs, but not for the mega cab, especially when you live in south FLA.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:18 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: Inspector62

The weak azz excuse for an air conditioner. It's ok on the smaller cabs, but not for the mega cab, especially when you live in south FLA.
Man, I hear that from a lot of Mega guys. It's hard to believe that just that little extra cab space makes that big of a difference. My QC freezes me out here in central Fl. It is a lot colder than the air in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and my last truck (Chevy Z71).

Old 12-15-2007, 10:38 PM
ray97
Veteran

The cracking dashboard I think is the worse.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:29 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[/quote]

Man, I hear that from a lot of Mega guys. It's hard to believe that just that little extra cab space makes that big of a difference. My QC freezes me out here in central Fl. It is a lot colder than the air in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and my last truck (Chevy Z71).
[/quote] Same here -- I'm already turning mine up only a few minutes after leaving work, even on an unbearably hot day.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:57 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

ORIGINAL: Inspector62

I think it all depends on the person and what they drove before. My truck is fine and also find myself turning the AC up after a short bit of driving because I get to cold.

My complaint though would have to be the steering wheel. I have only had my truck for 7 or 8 months and my steering wheel is all F'ed up from my driving. I will have to wait until I find problems as the mileage goes up....LOL

Old 12-16-2007, 12:13 AM
marv02
Captain

Stock Shocks,
Body Roll,
Wind Noise,
A/C could be better,
Trany's Suck Sticks & Auto's( Sticks Shift funny could be more refined, Auto's Enough said They need to fix the auto's hopfuly before I get one in my next truck.
Stink bug look ( Rear end to high they need to raise the frontend more to get the truck more level look ),
For me UNDER POWER 3.7 I know I should of gotten a HEMI next truck don't rub it in to deep my mistake Yea I knew better but I was after Better MPG Did not work,
Rear end they need to go back to the OLD type 9.25 diffs thattake a beating and last,
Piston slap at cold start up due to short skirt pistons but this is common in most newer cars and trucks,
COST TO MUCH To buy And resell value could be higher.

Then my wife tells me I always find something I don't like I to picky and stop crawing under the truck looking for flaws Ha Ha it just how I am old gear head looking for something to tinker with.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:27 AM
schmedly
Rookie

I'll start with the worse than 2nd generation wind resistance. That poor choice in styling is costing all of us a fortune in gas. Second is the cheap looking plastic dashes and uncomfotable seats. Third would be the nearly non existing stock shocks.

That said, the brakes are SO, SO much better than 2nd gen!

Old 12-16-2007, 04:32 AM
abarmby
Champion

LSD is CRAP!!!!!
Not only is it a bad design flaw, it's also a gross safety issue as well.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:53 AM
HEMIBOY04
Professional

when i first got mine it 04 i had it for a few weeks and it would up and die out. Thanks to this board i found out the problem on a TSB. they replaced a lifter valve and it hasn't done it yet but it hestitates like a **** when i'm trying to pass someone or when i try to get on it. I definately hate that!! also that little hook thingy between the cup holders and the glove box... why???

Old 12-16-2007, 08:25 AM
rodneyw71

ORIGINAL: ruffnready5

What do you think is the worst flaw in the 3rd Gen. Dodge trucks? My vote is the leak prone steering rack on the 1500's and the rearends would be a close second.
I've only had my truck for 9 monthes, I have replaced the bottom hose on the steering rack, and the other day I noticed the top hose isleaking now. Nobody has mentioned O2 censors, I replaced one of thosealready.

Quick Reply: What is the worst design flaw in the 3rd gens?