3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2007 Powerwagon upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:44 AM
wyo powerwagon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Powerwagon upgrades

I would first like to level out my 2007 Powerwagon, I put one on my 2007 CTD a few years ago, just wondering if a standered 2500 leveling kit will work. Since the Powerwagon has a factory lift I dont know if the front springs are longer than my CTD I had and if I would have to go with longer shocks? Second I would probably go with 1 or 2 sizes bigger tires as long as they dont rub especially when the swaybar disconnect is used. Any info. would be appreciated, havent talked to any aftermarket parts suppliers yet.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:57 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The suspension is different due to the unlocking sway bar and extra long travel. I'm sure that a Power Wagon specific life would be needed.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:42 AM
Powerubi Wacon
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Power Wagon springs, I believe, are longer than a standard 2500 4X4. That is how, with the help of the Smart Bar, it is able to flex better than a non-Power Wagon.

I have 35" (LT315/70R-17) on my stock 2005 Power Wagon. The only rubbing I get is the insides of the tires rubbing the outsides of the lower control arms when the steering wheel is turned all the way to one side or the other. This will happen during low speed parking maneuvers not necessarily an off-road problem.

Quick Reply: 2007 Powerwagon upgrades