3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

BFI intake review by Spedly

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 08:45 AM
dline
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BFI intake review by Spedly

First thought when I took the BFI out of the box. WOW!

This intake is heavy. It is built to last there's no doubt about that. After the shock of just how big it actually was wore off I started to inspect the intake. I have to give it up to Lance and the Airflow Innovations team. This intake far exceeded my expectations. The powdercoating was flawless. The welds were almost non existent. The filter was thick and heavy not like one of those cheap knock offs ebay intakes and also the little serial number thing is cool as hell.

Like a little kid on Christmas I just couldn't wait. I spent part of my lunch break tearing the old Arraid intake off so I could put the BFI on after work. Well we were slow so I snuck out back to put the BFI on. Literally 2min later I was done. Was that it? That can't be it. Something must need to be adjusted, nothing ever goes on that easy. No the BFI did go on that easy. It wasn't resting on anything, everything ligned up perfect and fit like a glove. Again these guys really did their homework with this thing.

Now that it was on time for the real test. I start up the truck and it idles for a few seconds and dies. Ok wow its sucking enough at idle for the tune to have to re-adapt. I start the truck back up and it learns to idle in 10-20 seconds. Now its time to go for a ride. First impression of driving is LOUD. Not overly loud while cruising, but get into the gas a little and a gives out a nice deep growl. I finally find a little section of open road so I pull the shifter into 2nd and put the pedal to the floor. That deep growl it was making turns into an all out roar. The roar was short lived though. I had to get out of the gas after a few seconds. No I didn't come up on any cars. It was my wideband. The wideband was telling me my A/F was 13.2. No way this intake leaned me up a full 1.0. I had to see if it would do the same thing again. Sure as sh*t 13.1 on the gauge the second time. At this point I didn't even know what to say I was pretty much speechless. I couldn't believe my Airraid intake was leaving that much on the table. I guess its time I get a new tune and see what she will really do.

All in all I am very very happy with my purchase. I can't say enough good things about this intake or the the Airflow innovations staff. I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone. Great product two thumbs up.

I almost forgot I have a 3" body lift on my truck right now, so I can say for a fact that there are no fitment issues like some other intakes have.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:47 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we need pics. good write up though

Old 02-28-2009, 11:55 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure does look like a quality intake...I like all the options for it too http://airflowinnovationscorp.com/bfi.html

Old 02-28-2009, 12:00 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by OlDirtyJohn
we need pics. good write up though
Pics.

He's having a group buy on these as well! Beautiful and enormous intake! Made to last!

Old 02-28-2009, 02:57 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

damn, it makes me want one even more now.. I think I might get one before a new bumper lol

so wheres the group buy, and how much cheaper?

Old 02-28-2009, 02:59 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by jonnymagnum
damn, it makes me want one even more now.. I think I might get one before a new bumper lol

so wheres the group buy, and how much cheaper?
http://tinyurl.com/cehuaf

Sil

Old 02-28-2009, 03:01 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

dang, i was saving up all my pennies to get a ramhammer. but it seems like its never gonna come out. he better hurry up and get those things out before i just get one of these bfi's

Old 02-28-2009, 03:06 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

how much is it with the gb?

Old 02-28-2009, 03:11 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
how much is it with the gb?
Group buy price of $319.00, you would be saving $51.00
Shipping would be dependent on location, contiguous USA and Canada is $ 30.00.

http://tinyurl.com/cehuaf

Sil

Old 02-28-2009, 03:16 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

ok thanks. is this gonna perform any differently from my k&n?

Quick Reply: BFI intake review by Spedly