3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

accelerator stuck

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 06:29 PM
morepower29
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also when I installed my throttle body spacer i only disconnected a wire.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:32 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

holy crap man. That is the craziest thing ive seen today. Im assuming you are ok, and there were no innocent bystanders. How the boat? I would ask about the truck, but from the pictures, I think I can make my own judgment!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:38 PM
red06RAM
All Star

That sucks man. Did the airbag go off? At least you are OK.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:47 PM
BEAR
Record Breaker

Hey man sorry to hear about that! I bet you bit a hole in the seat when that thing took off!LOL Hope everything turns out alright for you.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:55 PM
morepower29
Professional

yeah it freaked me out. I was stunned for a second then managed to not hit my house, work trailer with all my tools in it or any trees. I had to hit something and it was the boat. My buddy and I are both ok. No the airbags did not go off. My buddy was wearing his seatbelt I was not. My boat has a good size hole in the side and a split about half the length of the hull. My wife has told me that if they fix it she nor the kids will ever get back in it. So I'm kinda stuck. The ins. guy is coming in the morning so I will talk to him about it. Does anyone know anything about boat repair? Should I fight to get them to total it or is that a waste of time.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I am sorry to hear about this happening to you. That is the weirdest thing that it just took off like that.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:34 PM
02WhiteRam
Rookie

WOW man! It looks like you hit that thing HARD! I'm glad you are ok. Yes it is an electronic throttle actuator, not cables like the old style. Unfortunantly pretty much all the newer cars have the electronic throttle actuators which means this is more likely to happen. At least with the cable style you could pull the pedal back up. I can say right now that I would have turned the truck off but you act different when it is actually hapening. Sorry to see this man.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:40 PM
morepower29
Professional

my truck has been through alot over the 2yrs since I bought it. It has hit and downed tree and been stolen and vandalized totaling over 22k in damage. The ins. co. is trying to say it is worth clean retail. of 21k. On top of that they are wanting to put used parts on it since it's date of production is over 24 months. Does anyone know how I can fight these numbers with my ins.? I hate to say this but I think I'd rather them just total the truck.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:51 PM
chambers
Record Breaker

Glad you are ok. Somebody's got to claim responsibility for that malfunction, whether it is dodge or the shops that repaired it from the previous accident and theft. That kinda stuff should not happen, I don't know what I would of done.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:56 PM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

holy **** dude that ****in terrible! wow i hope they just total the damn truck. i would definatly try and get em to total the boat, although there may be some crazy insurance loop holes that will prevent that. damn that just sucks!!! sorry.

Quick Reply: accelerator stuck