3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Edge Evolution...WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:40 PM
socket462
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiCOP
Hey I just got my Edge Evolution yesterday and all I can say is HOLLY HEMI, said the fat man. I had the diablosport and sold it to my neighbor. Has anyone else bought the Edge for there rides?

There are a couple of things that I don't like though, I'm not a big fan of the MDS and you can't disable it with the edge like you can with the D/S. The mounting pod installs kinda of hinkie, but it stays pretty secure during hard launchs.

I do like that I can monitor so many perimeters, and it give me 0-60 and 1/4 mile,I don't know how accurate these are but its a good reference?

well thats my 2 cents any comments would be appreciated
Sounds interesting-- they only made it for one year though- 2007. Does it sync to a computer as well? I think I may just want one of these...!

Old 02-04-2011, 01:27 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by squashman
I'm having a hard time deciding between the DSP and the Edge Evolution. Some positives to the DSP is that it has MDS delete and is about $100 cheaper. Supposebly the power gains are more significant with the evolution though.

I DO want the MDS delete. But is it worth it to just get the evolution? Or not?

I think the power to be had between any 2 tuners on the market is nill compared to having the mds delete. If you were to dyno 2hp more from an Edge lets say, you wouldn't even notice that in the seat of your pants dyno. You will know everytime mds activates/deactivates...ughh
I bought my tuner just for mds delete and then the trans tuning came as another bonus as well. I could care less for gains with having the trans tunability Superchips gives.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
squashman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a good point. But, the difference in gain between the DSP and the Evolution is that the Evolution has a gain of about 30lbs of tq over the DSP. "up to" of course, thats what Edge markets.

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution...WOW!