3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dodge Ram makes list of Top 5 Stolen in US.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Candybusa
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here in honolulu my ram is safe ... find a handle and you can get in.. o wait, n handles... but the real scary part is bikes in this little island... you would be surprised how many bikes are stolen on the daily....

Old 09-04-2009, 09:56 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by truckin151
I like the sounds of that system. A few questions though, hows does it let you know if the alarm goes off? Does it page you via the remote or phone call/text? What is the "Activate Car Finder Mode" and "Activate Anti-Theft Car-Jack Mode"? And can you look up your cars location or do you have to have the company do it for you? For $188 I think I may have to look into getting one...
You would have to probably call and send a signal before someone could locate it. I really don't know how that all works though. But I'm sure you would have to speak to someone and not go to your computer for a map kinda thing.
I have used it a few times when I locked my keys in the truck. I just call up and it takes about 3-4minutes and the command goes through.

Shatter proof windows? I figured you meant a tint layer would make them shatter proof. Where did you get shatter proof windows??? Sounds like it would be a custom make and very expensive. I do know that the higher model BMW and Mercedes have bullet proof glass manufacturers for higher profile people, but shatter proof, i've never heard of???

Old 09-04-2009, 11:49 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

last night 930 pm.

crooks can't drive 6sp manuals, my fault for running back into my house and leaving my truck running with the parking brake on, come back 15 to secs later and this white kid, 16 or 17 years of age, arround 190 pounds 6 feet tall, is trying to resart my truck, He stalled it out in my drive way.

I open my door, grab him by the neck with booth of my hands and threw and threw him hard onto my drive way.

booth my kness were on the back of his head when the cops showed up, whats odd is I do not recall calling the cops, ( I did call on my cell phone )

After the kid is hand cuffed, I got the speal that I should know better than to leave my truck running, Got the impression the cop was more concerned abought how I handeled the kid than fact this kid is trying to drive off in my truck.

At this point I'm pissed, kinda on the verge of just acting and not being rational, filling out the paper work calmed me down, cop would not give me the kids name or adress, But made it known to me, I was being ran threw CPIC.

Once the cops vacated my property, my night got a hell of lot better ( I got laid !!!!! )

Last edited by cyclone429; 09-04-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:01 AM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cyclone429
last night 930 pm.

crooks can't drive 6sp manuals, my fault for running back into my house and leaving my truck running with the parking brake on, come back 15 to secs later and this white kid, 16 or 17 years of age, arround 190 pounds 6 feet tall, is trying to resart my truck, He stalled it out in my drive way.

I open my door, grab him by the neck with booth of my hands and threw and threw him hard onto my drive way.

booth my kness were on the back of his head when the cops showed up, whats odd is I do not recall calling the cops, ( I did call on my cell phone )

After the kid is hand cuffed, I got the speal that I should know better than to leave my truck running, Got the impression the cop was more concerned abought how I handeled the kid than fact this kid is trying to drive off in my truck.

At this point I'm pissed, kinda on the verge of just acting and not being rational, filling out the paper work calmed me down, cop would not give me the kids name or adress, But made it known to me, I was being ran threw CPIC.

Once the cops vacated my property, my night got a hell of lot better ( I got laid !!!!! )
good for you! You did the right thing, kid got what he deserved.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Shatter proof windows? I figured you meant a tint layer would make them shatter proof. Where did you get shatter proof windows??? Sounds like it would be a custom make and very expensive. I do know that the higher model BMW and Mercedes have bullet proof glass manufacturers for higher profile people, but shatter proof, i've never heard of???
It's just a film. It's not super expensive either.

Website
http://www.shattergard.com/home.html

Here's a vid i found of it. The chick is annoying as hell so i apologize in advance.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/810927...eakable_glass/

Last edited by Got_Hemi44; 09-05-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:16 PM
northernguy

My buddy's white 2001 1500 Ram Sport 4x4 was stolen in Toronto today.
Sweet lookin ride too! He went there to do some xmas shopping for his wife and kids and got a chance to see a Leafs game.
He got back to where his truck was parked only to find it gone.
F$%^in losers! WTF is wrong with people?

Old 01-01-2012, 05:01 PM
NoLimitzR1
Professional

Keep your 100lb plus dog in truck, provided they not in heat or freezing temps, guaranteed the vehicle is safe. Electronics can fail but the dog won't.

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram makes list of Top 5 Stolen in US.