3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What do you do for work????

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 06:45 AM
springsram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a School Bus Driver and a full time single mom. Not much change left to put into the Ram right now. Just got my 05' Ram in August but boy do I have plans for her.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Dunno207
How do you like the navy? I've been considering enlisting, thinking nuclear or mechanical eng.
If you're going to be an engineer you wouldn't be enlisting. The best route would be to go through NROTC or the academy, then commission as an officer. I'm a M.E. major in AFROTC.

Last edited by Got_Hemi44; 11-13-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:45 PM
slimvela
Professional

Suga mama boy you... Admit it, you're jealous.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:49 AM
AZZO540
Veteran

Originally Posted by Dunno207
How do you like the navy? I've been considering enlisting, thinking nuclear or mechanical eng.
You need to talk nuke enlist and officers before you go nuke
most don't like it
i am a missile tech
it's not bad i make good money and it's a pain to fire us.
just have a good idea what you wanna do before you sign there are many many options.

and like he said and engineer is an officer but you won't work on anything you just oversee us enlisted doing it and officer may or may not stay in nuke land

Last edited by AZZO540; 11-14-2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: add
Old 11-15-2010, 01:32 PM
GulfDiver03Ram

Im a commercial diver in the Gulf Of Mexico. 84hrs a week and Im gone anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of months. Married with two kids but still, have to spoil myself with toys. Just picked my dodge up recently have alot of mods I wanna do. I grew up in a blue collar and farm family. So college really wasnt my thing. I was in your position about 8yrs ago. Back breakin work in a foundry bringin home 500$ a wk. Then decided to go to a trade school. Didnt make a whole lot at first but once I got some OTJ under my belt Started to advance pretty quick. Now im in the six figures range at 27 yrs old. My advice save up or get a loan, pick a trade and get some certs. I grew up in a small town where the economy sucks so u have to take that into consideration. You might need to move. So the more certs the more valuable you become and it can be competitive. Didnt want this to be a novel, hope it helps.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:45 PM
mark70669
Professional

Originally Posted by moosefire66
I see some of the work that you do to your trucks, and it shocks me. I work four jobs and can still barely put fuel into my truck, let alone do lifts, cams, full exhaust, systems, etc. The only mods I can do are the ones that are neccessary (tires, brakes, other such things) Which brings me to my question, what in the hell do you guys do for work to where you can spend this kind of dough on your trucks in this economy???????

I am a Senior Manager for a large cable television/high speed data company.
I started at the bottom 33 years ago digging ditches. I stuck with the industry but changed companies and moved several times. The key is to stick with a field you like and seek advancement. Be open to moving if that is whats required.

I suspect you are young, your time for the mods will come. Dont rush it, you get old fast enough.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:55 PM
GulfDiver03Ram

Originally Posted by texas red
Im a land surveyor of 16 yrs in engineering an consltng thats been unemployed for over a year got laid off no more $45k+ a year an benifits i've had to move to wy with family was in az for 10+ yrs sold our quads traliers an alot of other stuff ohh yeah 10 yrs of 401k gone to just to get by. Im struggleing to make the payment right now lol cant find anything in my field geographicly nor the money for play it sucks right now. Done h.v.a.c. for a sad company hated that and didnt pay well for me did some natural gas field work last nov-dec that went to ****, an now today I go for orietation to be a cook at pizza hut just got hired yesterday 32 yrs old total ish very sad going to interview and taking barley over min wage job getting hired by a 22 yr old girl as my boss it bites when I worked for one of the largest enging cmpny's in the country. My wife dose medical transcription thank god cus it keeps our heads above water plus I have a thrid son on the way!!!! moosefire66 I have asked same question over and over to myself cant do but reg maint. gas tires almost killed me sorry for long reply had to vent lol
You make me wanna drink a beer! Keep fightin its all about will power

Old 11-15-2010, 01:55 PM
wrenchin4alivin
Thumbs up Job

Auto Technician

Old 11-15-2010, 03:58 PM
hemiracermech

Pro AMA superbike mechanic

Old 11-15-2010, 06:51 PM
sinus19
Veteran

CNC waterjet operator/Tech and 2D/3D drafting... been kinda slow lately but when it gets busy i put in LOTS of over time and i usually end up having $300 to spend on the truck. but for some reason they are gone before i use them on the truck lol.
I honestly thought i was the youngest!!! i boought the BEAST when i was 18 and now im 19.

Quick Reply: What do you do for work????