3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

stacks on gas truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^^LMAO. Don't be that guy man!

Old 02-23-2010, 07:19 AM
MOPAR78
Veteran

I owned a 78 L'il red, a custom 92 L'il red Dakota and was thinking about a 3rd Gen L'il Red...

Name:  9d8f_12.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  36.3 KB

Old 02-23-2010, 07:32 AM
If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
Amateur

I'm sure if you pour oil down your stacks it would work wonders on your catalytic convertor if it makes it that far. Why not just put a spark plug in each stack, inject a lil bit of fuel or alcohol, and throw flames instead???

Old 02-23-2010, 07:43 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was watching a program where they were buiding high security vehicles and one of the features they wanted was a smoke screen. Believe the solution was to inject antifreeze into the exhaust. Something about the smoke had to be nontoxic so they wouldn't be sued by the bad guys chasing them.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 AM
wanaply02

if your gonna run stacks on a gas burner at least hook up the flamethrower kit from auto loc lol

Old 02-23-2010, 08:50 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wanaply02
if your gonna run stacks on a gas burner at least hook up the flamethrower kit from auto loc lol
Yeah i guess if you are dead set on doing it do this idea.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:08 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by KY BIGRAM
That was a joke, do not do it. I'm not a fan of a stack at all but my likes are different than others.
To those black -smoke-blowin-stackers, if you crank that crap in front of me while I'm on my Harley, don't be surprised when I kick your mirror off!!!!
awesome

do the stacks, they'd be great. to get the smoke stick a vent line from your oil pan to the stack (just like many turbochargers do). the exhaust rushing by in the stack will create negative pressure and suck the black smoke making fuel in. You'll never have to do an oil change again either. Just throw in a quart every week or two like they used to do with old diesels. It'll burn off oil, and all you have to do is refill. Wouldn't it be nice to never do an oil change again?

I mean really, did you see the pic of that red third gen with stacks that Mopar put up? Doesn't that look freakin fast?

Disclaimer: All of the above is a joke, don't do it. If you do decide to do it, I'm not responsible for you shooting two gallons of oil out your exhaust, the cleaning involved in getting it off/out of your bed, the wrecked motor, or the pissed off people with second degree burns.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

In my opinion I don't think you should, I mean if you love it and really want to that's great I'm just sayin your gonna take some serious chit for it. As for the smoke, that would make it even worse and it won't even sound like a diesel so even with smoke you wouldn't be anything like a diesel still.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:17 PM
mcgoo89
Veteran

Ya, I was just kind of pondering. And thanks to everyone who answered me like a human. Been here for awhile, I know how some of u guys are

Old 02-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mcgoo89
Ya, I was just kind of pondering. And thanks to everyone who answered me like a human. Been here for awhile, I know how some of u guys are
No problem man, I don't want to make enemies here. I just want to help you guys out however I can and hope that I can be helped with whatever I need. I can be an a-hole sometimes but I don't like to be.

Quick Reply: stacks on gas truck?