3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Superchips FlashPaq Tuner on 4.7 ...opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 12:39 AM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dougiedododge
Dont buy it..I think Superchips is a scam.I have an 07 Ram 4.7 and I bought the flashpaq and it did nothing for my truck.They are just preying on guys who want a little more power with a piece of plastic that looks like it does something because it plugs in and has a bunch of bogus settings.And if anyone thinks you feel more power its in your head.All they did was make the gears hold a tad longer.Run your truck in tow/haul mode and get the same results for free.Way to go S/C you fooled everyone!!!!!!!
Or you just got a faulty tuner or maybe your truck has another problem that didn't allow the SC to get used to it's full potential. I can tell the difference between the 87 and 91 tune on my SC and that's in a Hemi where it barely makes any extra power compared to what it does for the 4.7

Old 10-14-2013, 02:13 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the S/C on my 2008 4.7L, and I can't imagine driving my truck without it. 2008+ 4.7L sees some of the highest gains of any non-turbodiesel tuner I've ever seen. I don't know about the rest of the 3rd gen ('03-07), but I hear they still get better gains from a tuner than the 5.7L Hemi does.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:16 AM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had them both. The superchips was ok. It really did less than what I had expected. I have the diablosport Intune now. It does way more than the superchips did for my little 4.7. Yeah,there was a little more to do than plug and play. But I am extremely happy with it. I should've started with this first.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:27 AM
dougiedododge
Amateur

Have any of you actually did any dyno testing..I have along with a friend with same truck and same tuner no better results for him either.Of course guys if you plug something in that claims you are going to notice a difference,in your mind you will.Especially after you just spent all that money for it.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:31 AM
dougiedododge
Amateur

My friend owns a race shop with full dyno and anyone who owns a flashpaq or cortex is welcome to two runs for only $30 We have decided that we are going to prove they dont work to the potential they say they do..and results will be posted online in multipke places

Old 10-14-2013, 06:38 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star

I'd do it just to see either way. But y'all are a little to far for me just for that

Old 10-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

I feel like dougie has an ulterior motive here.

I can see it now. Claim superchips is bogus, invite users to come to dyno shop to test for a low price of $30. Rig dyno to show negligent gains. Pitch a competing product they obviously don't get kickbacks from, install, and whoa, look at those results! See, superchips is junk!

Old 10-15-2013, 07:51 AM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That or he just expected huge gains from something that costs about 300 bucks. Nothing that cheap will make your truck into a race car. When you think about it a truck that makes 345 hp stock and you add a tuner that adds 15-20 hp you won't really notice that makes like 7-8% gain

Old 10-15-2013, 08:08 AM
rtmtrrdr
All Star

I think y'all nailed it. No more comments after that

Old 10-15-2013, 08:23 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I dont need a dyno to tell me what is better for me and my truck! If you do, then you obviously dont know your vehicle well enough.
Never had my truck dyno'd nor do I care to.

All I can say is my Superchips is friggin awesome because of the Optional Trans tune. Give me another brands tuner that can do what the Superchips does with the transmission and then you will have a fair playing field. Until then, SUperchips is the best tuner out there for an otherwise stock dodge!
ohh, and Diablo can only do 1/2 what Superchips can as far as the trans tuning so its not even comparable!

Quick Reply: Superchips FlashPaq Tuner on 4.7 ...opinions?