3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

got spanked!!! need opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 12:59 PM
1954Radio
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't race a car with my truck unless extremely provoked or they are your friends, there's too much of a weight disadvantage. But I can honestly say that I've been provoked and have beaten a couple of GT's and a little Pontiac G8/ 373hp (he told me or close to it, I forgot and there is a 400hp+ model that screams) or what ever it's called. The Pontiac was a close one but the Stang never had a chance. I raced the Pontiac from a roll twice, and a dig once and both Stangs from a dig. My truck is a short bed with 392 gears and I think it would run in the high 13's or low 14's or better. In case there are non believers, one of the stangs...a loaded 07 yellow 310hp (CAI) gt convertible is my brothers and in my profile pics. Not saying the GT's or Ford's are slow either, Ford has some good engines that are strong and well built and I like them...especially the 2011 GT! My truck is pretty much well know around my area between modded truck people. And there's a RCSB Tundra like my Ram who is always hot rodding when I see him and always taunting other trucks so they say. That is, everyone except for me...he changes from racer to ole lady when I get close to him. I'm not knocking the Toyota Tundra because they are just as fast. But I have to laugh at this guy every time I see him and he knows why I am too. If he looses his whole click will find out and he doesn't want that, but sooner or later I will get him and he will loose! I'm not knocking the quad or king cab Rams either, but they are severly disadvanteged when it comes to racing cars and especially the similar Tundras because of their 430 gears unless you have 410's. At least don't go picking fights or taunting other cars and trucks unless provoked, lol! It won't look good when you loose and sooner or later you will, everyone does, that goes for me too..these aren't race cars!

Old 09-18-2010, 01:43 PM
traker1001
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nah, I pick fights all the time, both in my cars and my truck. I have nothing to prove and have just as much fun losing as I do winning. I goto the track alot and have seen all kinds of cars, from stock to nothing original. to tell you the truth If I really cared about winning in a truck, I would have gone with a CTD.

Last time I went to the track there was a dodge challenger police car there racing and I got a chance to go head to head against him. That was bad@ss. He wiped the floor with me so bad, I couldn't believe he wasn't running nitrous. Made me look like I was putting along in a volvo or something, lol.

Last edited by traker1001; 09-18-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Quick Reply: got spanked!!! need opinions please.