3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

FML ebay superchips purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:35 PM
tlawre87
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear it all worked out for you. Im chewing on the idea of one, just still having the warranty is holding me back.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by tlawre87
Glad to hear it all worked out for you. Im chewing on the idea of one, just still having the warranty is holding me back.
What does having a warranty have to do with it? A tuner doesn't void it.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:56 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44

Well, if the dealer finds out, they will deny warranty like they do for everything. "We see you drove over over 100mph, your warranty is now void"..lmfao, remember that guy who posted that up? Dealer tried to say it was excessive and wasn't what the truck was meant for.
I called up the only local dealer in the area a few weeks ago and they said they wouldn't warranty my Hemi tick if there was even Shorty headers on it...see where I'm going....I know the Magnusson-Moss act, but they still do as they please.

All-in-all, the Dealer won't know jack if a tuner has been installed on your rie IF and only IF you remove it before you go in for anywork. All they can see is that you have flashed/reset your PCM each and everytime before service which is perfectly legit to do. How ass9 are they?

Old 07-30-2010, 09:46 AM
tlawre87
Veteran

Im one of the lucky new car owners that has alot of problems. So it sees the dealer alot, for example my truck has 23K miles on it and it burns more oil than my 98 blazer with 197K. I've fought with the dealer on some electrical stuff the can "never" replicate, but yet when i get into the truck i can make it do it going down the road. I guess its partly I don't want to be constantly reseting my pcm, yes laziness lol, and with all the other crap I deal with on them its just another thing.

It actually can void it, it states on the emission labels the timing and whatnot are preset from the factory and aren't to be adjusted. But only if they find out too. lol

Last edited by tlawre87; 07-30-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by tlawre87
It actually can void it, it states on the emission labels the timing and whatnot are preset from the factory and aren't to be adjusted. But only if they find out too. lol
It is illegal for a manufacturer to void warranty for installing aftermarket parts unless they can prove the part caused a problem.

Quick Reply: FML ebay superchips purchase