3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My truck was stolen!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Trupiano
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you do get your truck back, or a new one from the insurance money. I might recommend some jimmy jammers, and Viper alarm. I have the viper 5902 ($250 on ebay) with every sensor and plugin known to man. Tilt, audio, perimeter, bed-sensor, hood, and a couple others ($150 on ebay) and got them all installed with a warranty from best buy ($300) and I tell you what... With my alarm set, you cant walk within a foot of my truck without the alarm sounding. I can even stnd 3 feet away, with all my widows down and the alarm set and take a broom handle, and as soon as I passes through the window hole, my alarm screems bloody murder. I recommend you guys get yourself a nice alarm and a set of those jimmy jammers, cause you can have every badass mod known to man done to your truck, but it dont mean **** when some jackass drives away with it, and you get a check for 1/2 what you spent on it. Just food for though.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:54 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i lived close to you i'd run up and set the alarm off all the time lol

Old 06-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Trupiano
Veteran

Haha you would! I work mids and my gym time starts at 10 pm, right as my buddy's is ending and he always sets it off, cause he knows I always come running out to check on it lol. I guess that's the other plus side... if my alarm goes off for a long time and it drains my battery dead, then it's definately not going anywhere.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:22 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gonefishin54321
My truck was stolen... My insurace company need reciepts and so forth to be able to claim any of it aand they were all cash or trade items. is their anybody out thei that could produce me recepts for any of it to give to them???...

Sucks your ride got jacked...
As far as the truck's value goes, fair market value unless you have something that prove's otherwise.
Internals, if you have paypal receipts that show either what you traded or how much you paid that may work, but I doubt they will take any reciepts other than what is addressed to you or is in your name. Asking someone else to provide those for you is a crime as well as providing the documents. I'm pretty sure it's called Insurance fraud.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:22 PM
HemiRam1566
Veteran

my buddy has an alarm like that on his 96 indy pace truck.. soooo annoying.. the wind blows and it sounds off lol

Old 06-29-2010, 09:41 PM
gonefishin54321

txhook
where at in tx ? did urs get snatched out from under you as well? mine happened in garland

Last edited by gonefishin54321; 06-29-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:48 PM
texaskook
Rookie

I was in Clearlake...suburb of houston, about halfway between houston & galveston. Inside a restaurant for 45 minutes....and gone. In broad daylight...12:15-1:00. Bad thing is I was 1/4mile from I-45 so.....well, you know.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:02 PM
03MopaRamman
Captain

That really Sucks. If you got pics of your Upgrades/Improvements (don't say Mods to Ins. folks) that should help, all you can do is tell the truth (my receipts were filed in the truck console) and hope they take that into consideration and in the end all you can do is hope for the best and like Trupiano says get some type of alarm set-up in future because it sounds like you guys need it down your way in Texas. I only started locking my doors and Gas cap since joining DF, as things are pretty quite out on the prairie, but it don't hurt to be safe.

Last edited by 03MopaRamman; 06-29-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:44 PM
jimmygunns

Sorry about this, but don't get too crazy with the alarms. I get a new work van purchased for me every 4-5 years. I've had my locks knocked in more than I can count. The doors all have pucks & I also have internal deadbolts. It worked every time but a week before Christmas last year. If they want it bad enough, have enough time, they'll get it. In my case, just about $8G's worth of pipefitter tools. I work with a few guys that got wiped out after the got into the cab, sat on the middle hump, & kicked the steel wall down enough to crawl into. Mind you, all this including my own was in broad daylight, in nice areas with people walking around. I was super crazy p*ssed, but I got all new tools now. Just sucks when I go to look for something I use like 2x's a year & realize, "Crap! They got that too!".

Old 06-29-2010, 11:32 PM
evomega08
Veteran

Wtf!!

Quick Reply: My truck was stolen!!!