3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New truck and mod pics.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 03:37 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the difference it makes is not worth the ugliness of that...sorry but if your worried about a loss for 4* your crazy, and make a powerwire and your engine will never know the difference....i havent logged my iat lately but it was great the last time i did it and my aluminum intake is NOT wrapped with funk...

Old 08-28-2010, 07:28 PM
JAWalker21
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey that thing was a work of art!!! lol. That intake was pieced together. It came of my 3.7 Dakota and i had to buy a small extension to get it to run to the air box on the 4.7 ram. Then I had to plug the vent hose tube on the intake. You should have seen what was underneath all the wrapping. lol. No I'm not worried about a 4* difference, it just seemed like the tube was getting hotter than it should be. Maybe I'm just paranoid idk? I like the way it performs on the 5.7 though. The only problem i have is when I get on it going down the interstate. If I'm at 70 and I hammer it the truck revs to around 6k and drops really fast to 4700 and then kicks back. It seems to hesitates for a sec and then goes. I know its going to drop back down a little but surely not that much.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:00 PM
pjordan4477
Veteran

why didn't you just go with exhaust wrap... like the stuff on bikes?

Old 08-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Matt99
Champion

JAwalker, ive gotten heck over my CAI at the dealer and its a K&N...nothing custom about it. My truck got (stuck) at 60mph one day and I had to cut it off in a parking lot off of the highway going 60 lol and they said it was because of that, wouldnt do anything about it

My blend door failed and guess what? CAI according to them

My truck was running ridiculously hot for awhile and I took it in on the way home....CAI fault they said

Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 AM
JAWalker21
Professional

Looked into the exhaust wrap that stuff isn't exactly cheap. Not sure what website it was on but they do make universal intake sleeves that are suppose to cut back or prevent the intake from heating up. They have laces that you tighten up all the way up the tube. Just like you would lace up your shoes. edit: DEI make a wrap that uses velcro instead of lace.

As for the dealer. They haven't really said anything to me about the Ebay one yet, I just thought that if they saw the pvc in there they would frown upon it. Before I made a decent bracket for the ebay intake I went back to the dealership for regular service, and I guess one of the mechanics thought my bailing wire bracket wasn't up to par, and he took it upon himself to reinforce it with a coat hanger. I don't really think there is anything they can say.

Last edited by JAWalker21; 08-31-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:44 AM
JAWalker21
Professional

Quick Reply: New truck and mod pics.