3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Craziest story you have/heard of with your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:16 PM
freestyledude
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craziest story you have/heard of with your truck?

Alright I'm sure there's some crazy wheeling, camping, driving, stories out there. Lets here em! Anything that has to do with your truck or friends trucks

Old 08-20-2010, 11:20 PM
jake7
All Star

This should be a sticky...crazy stories dont have an ending so there will always be some fun ones to read...

Old 08-21-2010, 10:37 PM
luckydt
Veteran

about 3 months ago i was out visiting a fellow member. I had no plans on going off road that day and because of this i had none of my gear in the truck....big mistake. While we were leaving to go out on some trails real quick on the beach the wives say "don't get stuck", thanks for the jinx. We made it out on the inlet fine and even made it out as far as we wanted to go on the trails. On the way back we saw another ram go through an area where is had a little mud. I though i was going threw the same area he had gone. WRONG it turned bad real quick. The tide had brough sand over top of nasty goopy mud and i just kept sinking deeper and deeper when i tried to move at all. The guy with the dodge ram came back and tried to help me get out with a chain as thats all he had, well that snapped and jacked up my tailgate. He pulled on my for 30 minutes before he left and tried to help a ford f-150 out that decided to try coming out by me. Well he didn't make it and he was laying on his frame all the way front to back. late that night a toyota rock crawler truck that had a winch came out to try to get me out. From the tide coming in and pushing dirt under my truck i couldn't get it out of park and it was in 4LO, makes it almost impossible to pull it out. He hooked up the winch and chained himself up to a 2500HD diesel GMC. I pulled them into my truck, it didn't budge me at all. Needless to say neither of us made it out that night and got a free truck wash from the ocean. The next day i had to call a special wrecker company out and pay $250 to have them try to pull me out. The wrecker was an old 79' ford lifted on 44" super swampers with a 454 "beast". He hooked up to me and i pulled his front end off the ground about 3 1/2 feet. I could see he had the look on his face like damn kid i don't know if i'm going to get you out of this. He let his truck sit with the front end off the ground for 10min and then the magic sound of the suction letting go on truck. He yanked me out, we hooked the battery back up as it had been disconnected when the tide was coming in and the truck fired up instantly. I had a christmas tree of sensor lights, but decided to try to drive it out. I followed the tow truck and we made it about 100 ft before his steering knuckle broke and that left us stuck on some dry ground waiting for his boss to bring parts. Afte about an hour his boss came out and they didn't have everythingthey needed, so they decided to walk some of the ground and try to direct me where to go and follow him back to the shop. I made it about 50 ft before the truck sank in the same crap i was stuck in about 200 ft back goop mud. After waiting for them to come back 2 hours later i got pulled out and followed the owner back to the shop for my 250.00 bill. Now after countless hours and about $3,500 repairs the truck is mine free and clear because the insurrance company totalled it and i bought it back from them. After all was said and done they gave me the truck, title, and $1,400. So out of pocket to fix it $2,100 and no truck payment.

Name:  IMG958363.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  57.3 KB

Name:  IMG958171.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  68.8 KB

Name:  IMG955947.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  IMG955265.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  44.2 KB

Name:  IMG950289.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  52.2 KB

Old 08-22-2010, 01:11 AM
AWE Daniel
Veteran

Damn!

Old 08-22-2010, 07:04 AM
rickof08
Veteran

Umm well, I did nothing but haul *** and race in my old truck(05 rc/sb). One day my dad asked me to take him to a doctors appointment. Since hes crippled and what not I drove like a sane person. Well.....half way there my truck caught on fire....I was driving 60mph and it was raining.....I dont have that truck anymore.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:48 PM
ram_bo06
Captain

Originally Posted by AWE Daniel
Damn!
^^^^^^^x2

Old 08-23-2010, 05:25 PM
06DodgeRam15004.7
Professional

Originally Posted by AWE Daniel
Damn!
^^^^^x3

Old 08-23-2010, 09:57 PM
07silverbullit

Thats a crazy story luckdt! Sounds like you may have made out alright in the end.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:45 PM
freestyledude
Captain

Well on May long this year I was doing a front diff swap right before a camping trip. Ended up a day behind and at 9pm the day I was gonna go I ended up wrecking the CV boot... some super glue and duct tape and I was on the road. Got to the OHV area with no directions to the campsite and did some pretty good offroading at 2am but eventually gave up and just decided to join another party. Started snowing and I ended up in a tent with two hot college girls to keep me warm it was a good night

Old 08-24-2010, 11:35 PM
07silverbullit

Originally Posted by freestyledude
Well on May long this year I was doing a front diff swap right before a camping trip. Ended up a day behind and at 9pm the day I was gonna go I ended up wrecking the CV boot... some super glue and duct tape and I was on the road. Got to the OHV area with no directions to the campsite and did some pretty good offroading at 2am but eventually gave up and just decided to join another party. Started snowing and I ended up in a tent with two hot college girls to keep me warm it was a good night

Cant get much better than that! haha

Quick Reply: Craziest story you have/heard of with your truck?