3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Craziest story you have/heard of with your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:53 PM
freestyledude
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh it was real good especially since I'm still in high school haha, gotta love lookin 25

Old 08-25-2010, 10:53 PM
luckydt
Veteran

hey silver i would deff say i made out in the deal, but really i had no choice. I had called in my insurance co in january when i was starting to buy my mods and asked if it was covered or if i needed to look into a rider for them. i was told no we cover after market pieces as long as you have the reciepts. Well in my battle with them i find out yes it is covered if i'm in accident and the truck is not totalled, but once it is deemed totalled they go off market value for a stock truck so they were trying to settle with me by giving me $1,200 for aftermarket parts that were about 3 months old and i had roughly $10,000 into those with of course every single last reciept. So i had no choice, but to buy the truck back. They are crazy if they think i am giving them a perfectly good running ram thats loaded out with $10,000 in mods and i'm going to walk away with that crap NO SIR!!!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:47 PM
sbsga
Professional

About 7 or 8 months ago I went for a ride with a buddy to open up his mini cooper at night and see what it would do on an open road. We turned onto the road I had in min and drove away from civilization a little bit. We rounded a corner to find a car on the side of the road with its flashers on and with closer inspection we found the brake lights of another car in the woods/ditch. So we stopped to see if everyone was ok and found out the car in the ditch belonged to the guy sitting on the side of the road with the flashers on the other car. He was going to attempt to pull it out with a early 90's camry wagon. So I told him if he could wait for another 30mins I would be back with my truck. He agreed to wait so we went to get the truck. We come back and there are 2 sets of brake lights in the ditch(obviously he tried to pull it out anyways and it diddnt work out so well). So I hooked up to the wagon and pulled it out and he parked it back on the side of the road. I then hooked up my chain(about 45ft long) to the other car in the ditch and pulled it out. I found myself in my truck on one side of the road, the car on the other and the chain strecthed across. Befor I can back up to take the slack out of the chain to remove it my buddy starts yelling and waving a flashlight like hes guiding in a helicopter. I look to my left to see a set of headlights moving very rapidly down the road towards my chain. I froze and diddnt know what to do, it was either hope they stopped or try to rip the car across the road as fast as I could. So I sat there and prayed they stopped. They got about 150 feet away and slammed on the brakes, the car skidded to a stop about 2 inches from the chain. I got out of my truck and walked over to the car and the kid driving rolled down his window, smoke poured out of the car like cheech and chong just parked it. I just kept picturing in my head that chain cutting that car in half or breaking and taking out the two guys standing on the other side of it. Definitly a few tense moments.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:35 AM
jorgysram
Amateur

about a year and a half ago i got a call from my buddy asking me to bring some chains and straps out to this spot we always go wheeling at, well he had a f-250 super duty diesel on 37's so i was like well i dont think i will be able to get out to you but i will see what i can do, so i end up driving down there and i get to about a 1/4 mile of him when i get stuck in some soft sand (my 4wd wasnt working, the actuator on the front axles was jacked) after 10 minutes of diging in and rocking back and forth i get my truck out, so me and a couple of friends grab my 30ft of chain 40 ft of strap and come-along and pack it out to him through the brush, had to go through the brush cus the trail he was on had 2ft of water on it, we get out there and try to use the come along to pull him out, the first tree we hooked to pulled over and didnt move the furd, the next tree broke the come-along, still hadnt moved the furd, so we called up another friend he brought out a 80 sumthin d250 on 44 with a 360 in it, well he didnt even make it as far as the furd ended up hydro-locking his truck at the entrance, then another friend witha 2500hd silverado with the vortec-max came out through the back way and tried to pull him out, well in 4hi he just sat there doin nothing, so he tried 4lo first tug in 4lo he blows up a half shaft, at this point its like 11 and we all give up, well me and my buddy take a shortcut on a trail home, end up hydro-locking my dodge, got mine fired back up and made it home, but ended up putting a new motor in it (i love my insurance btw) next day we get a offroad club to come out and help they brought out 2 12k winches and pulled the d250 out, well it was sitting with its headlight under water and the guys with the winches were trying to figure out what the hell it was even doin there, you shoulda seen their jaws drop once they pulled it all the way out, then they went around back to pull out the ford, well the jeep whit the 12k just slid so they tried using the jeep and the k5 with both 12k's, that didnt work either, finally it took the jeep chained to the silverado with its 12k winch and the k5 with its 12k winch to pull out the ford, so after the worst day of wheeling we had about 15-20 thousand in repairs between all 4 trucks and one hell of a story

Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM
mattwv88
Professional

Originally Posted by jorgysram
about a year and a half ago i got a call from my buddy asking me to bring some chains and straps out to this spot we always go wheeling at, well he had a f-250 super duty diesel on 37's so i was like well i dont think i will be able to get out to you but i will see what i can do, so i end up driving down there and i get to about a 1/4 mile of him when i get stuck in some soft sand (my 4wd wasnt working, the actuator on the front axles was jacked) after 10 minutes of diging in and rocking back and forth i get my truck out, so me and a couple of friends grab my 30ft of chain 40 ft of strap and come-along and pack it out to him through the brush, had to go through the brush cus the trail he was on had 2ft of water on it, we get out there and try to use the come along to pull him out, the first tree we hooked to pulled over and didnt move the furd, the next tree broke the come-along, still hadnt moved the furd, so we called up another friend he brought out a 80 sumthin d250 on 44 with a 360 in it, well he didnt even make it as far as the furd ended up hydro-locking his truck at the entrance, then another friend witha 2500hd silverado with the vortec-max came out through the back way and tried to pull him out, well in 4hi he just sat there doin nothing, so he tried 4lo first tug in 4lo he blows up a half shaft, at this point its like 11 and we all give up, well me and my buddy take a shortcut on a trail home, end up hydro-locking my dodge, got mine fired back up and made it home, but ended up putting a new motor in it (i love my insurance btw) next day we get a offroad club to come out and help they brought out 2 12k winches and pulled the d250 out, well it was sitting with its headlight under water and the guys with the winches were trying to figure out what the hell it was even doin there, you shoulda seen their jaws drop once they pulled it all the way out, then they went around back to pull out the ford, well the jeep whit the 12k just slid so they tried using the jeep and the k5 with both 12k's, that didnt work either, finally it took the jeep chained to the silverado with its 12k winch and the k5 with its 12k winch to pull out the ford, so after the worst day of wheeling we had about 15-20 thousand in repairs between all 4 trucks and one hell of a story
^^^WOW! It sucked to be you guys that day but thats one hell of a story.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:48 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

One time, in band camp......

LOL.. Sorry!

Old 08-31-2010, 06:53 PM
freestyledude
Captain

Damn, these Dodge's are bad for hydrolock. I'm rebuilding mine right now because of that

and One time at band camp in grade 8... we thought we found the Sasquatch. I could've sworn I heard a growl and saw a big black bigfoot standing right there, there was about 6 of us that screamed and ran back to the cabin (Damn puberty makes a voice sound funny) When the teach knocked on the door we nearly **** our pants. That was a good night

Quick Reply: Craziest story you have/heard of with your truck?