3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Thrush tube

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I DRIVE A HEMI RAM DAMNIT!
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thrush tube

I was just wondering if anybody has ran a Thrush tube? Likes? Dislikes? Any back pressure issues?

Old 08-30-2010, 07:28 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

There is noticeable drone with Thrush mufflers. The packing blows out overtime and they are not Stainless so rust will be a factor.
I wouldn't worry much about backpressure as you could run just a straight pipe if you wanted!
Actually, if you left the resonator on just behind the rear tire and straight piped your muffler, that may get the sound you want with little drone in the cab AND only cost you a few bucks as well.
I went from a Dronemaster to a cherrybomb to straight piping my old Silverado. Straight pipe was by far the best sounding(although loud). Your resonator should keep things a bit calm under decel(.i.e. popping noises etc.)

It's all personal preference, but the saying "You get what you pay for" holds true to mufflers. Most mufflers anyways.

BTW, I'm in NY where they are pretty strict with emissions and inspections. No muffler passes as long as there are no leaks ahead of the cats. My Cheby passed 3yrs in a row at 3 diff places no prob's.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:00 PM
I DRIVE A HEMI RAM DAMNIT!
Rookie

I got a Flowmaster that was installed when I bought the truck. My resonator is gone and a Si/So Flowmaster remains. I want the Magnaflow Si/Do but im afraid its not gonna be as loud as I like...I was just wondering how thrush sounds...I know they r loud but...

Old 08-31-2010, 05:54 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

I heard that Thrush suck over time. They start falling apart in a couple of years!!

Quick Reply: Thrush tube