3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2005 Dodge Hemi 5.7 ECM Force throttle

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Scott Quintana
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Hemi 5.7 ECM Force throttle

Trucks been in shop 3 weeks, can't figure it out. Drove truck to garage was having engine stall problems and temp gauge was pegging out. I could shut engine off and restart and it ran fine for awhile. At garage they tried cleaning Throttle body , that didn't work then replaced the throttle positioning sensor and that didnt work. Codes im getting is (forced throttle error). Truck will run but at rough idle. No response from throttle at all now. Undrivable truck now 95,000 miles on truck. Garage says its probably the computer so replace it and take it to the dealer. Help anyone!!! Does anyone know how to reset the computer, or if I buy another computer will it just be plug and play or will it have to be flashed and how is flashing done.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:37 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The new computer will have to be vin flashed by a dealer. I'm guessing you have already unhooked the battery for about an hour to try to reset the computer?

Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum!!

Old 09-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Scott Quintana

No sir I have not, I have had no idea on how to do that. I was told by the garage to take off both battery post and hold them together that should reset the computer. I will try this. Thank you.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Scott Quintana

Also have installed a new throttle body and gas peddle as well as the throttle control sensor and temperature sensor. Nothing seems to help as a matter fact it has gotten worse

Old 09-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Scott Quintana

Well picked truck up from garage and had all the same problems, it run rough and no throttle. So I had to idle to my business. Went out to truck about 2 hours later started it up and it ran like a charm, drove it about 15 miles and turned around in a parking lot and whammm !!!!!!!!!! messed up again. Truck is at the dealer now maybe they can figure it out. I will keep this posted of the progress. Oh yea fuel pressure is strong so it's not the fuel pump.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:37 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I know you said what the error was you are getting but can you please post the actual code number so i can look it up and maybe et more info on it?

Old 09-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Scott Quintana

I will post codes I believe their was 9 of them. Update, truck back from dealer. Turns out their is a connector on the back of the throttle body that had gone bad. It connects the throttle body to the computer. That's all it was. I was ready to spend approx. $2000 on getting this fixed and then burning the truck just to make me happy, turns out it cost me $145.00 At the dealer. Sad that all that came from a simple connector. Wish Dodge built their trucks better than that.

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Hemi 5.7 ECM Force throttle