3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Cooper Zeon LTZ - Your Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:50 PM
nkyhemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Throw my 2 cents in. Stock 20's have about 25k on them, I've rotated them 5k intervals and you CAN'T tell if there is any wear on them. Cooper did a great job on this one!

Old 01-06-2011, 05:34 PM
dave-o
Veteran

i recently got rid of my zeons. They were pretty bad in the snow, and they would even spin out on dry pavement. When it got wet, the tires would spin and my truck would fish tail. I put on pro comp xtreme mt, and my ride is so much better. The pro comps are so much better on dry pavement, and so much better in the snow. I would not buy the zeons again.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 PM
ram_bo06
Captain

I think that my zeons are great in the snow. Yet to feel them slip. I am a very cautious driver in the snow though. I can't compare them to anything other than the stock crapyears I had on last winter.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Matt99
Champion

dave-o is the first person I have ever seen that has had a negative review on those tires. Literally the first, ever

Old 01-06-2011, 10:35 PM
dave-o
Veteran

Originally Posted by Matt99
dave-o is the first person I have ever seen that has had a negative review on those tires. Literally the first, ever

i liked them at first, but we had some big rain storms, and i was sliding all over the place. Then I went to the mountains, and my back end spun out at every traffic light. I like the xtreme terrains a lot more. The truck stops better, and grabs the road better.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:31 AM
nateroach
Veteran

dave-o, were the tires nearing the end of their useful tread life? I only ask because most if not all of the reviews that I have read on the LTZ's praise the tires wet traction capabilities, from what i have read and heard that is one of the major selling points.

I have no first hand experience, but I am planning on replacing my stock GY's with Zeon's here in the next year. If you could maybe give a little more background on your tire conditions leading up to these issues I would be interested to hear about it.

nateroach

Old 01-07-2011, 10:32 AM
dave-o
Veteran

no signs of wear, and i had them for about 1.5 years (15k miles maybe). They look the exact same as the day i bought them. I only bought them because they were pretty cheap for a tire. Since i went to a 17 inch wheel and tire package instead of the stock 20's, my truck rides a lot smoother. I bought pro comp which is part of the cooper tire corporation. I know pro comps are hated by some people here, but i love the xtreme m/t. I got a 40k warranty, and the zeons didn't come with one. A few weeks ago when I was parking my car when I went to the snow, I had a tough time parking in the snow and icy conditions with the zeons. The xtreme terrains gave me no problems in a similar situation.

Originally Posted by nateroach
dave-o, were the tires nearing the end of their useful tread life? I only ask because most if not all of the reviews that I have read on the LTZ's praise the tires wet traction capabilities, from what i have read and heard that is one of the major selling points.

I have no first hand experience, but I am planning on replacing my stock GY's with Zeon's here in the next year. If you could maybe give a little more background on your tire conditions leading up to these issues I would be interested to hear about it.

nateroach

Old 01-08-2011, 01:32 AM
bgbluram2
All Star

I am between the Zeons and the Bridgestone A/T's... I guess I will decide at the time of purchase.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:53 AM
dave-o
Veteran

Originally Posted by bgbluram2
I am between the Zeons and the Bridgestone A/T's... I guess I will decide at the time of purchase.

If you go to the mountains at all you wont like the zeons, at least I didnt. There was another post on this site where another member didnt want to another winter with his zeons.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Slava
Veteran

Buy dedicated winter tires or at least M+S rated, I wouldn't use any non winter tires during the winter.

Quick Reply: Cooper Zeon LTZ - Your Thoughts