3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Best Gooseneck Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:28 PM
boggshm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best Gooseneck Hitch

Hey guys, I have a question about gooseneck hitches. I have an 03 Ram 1500 and I need to get a gooseneck hitch put in to tow a small GN horse trailer. My question is what is the best GN hitch set-up for the money? I don't really need a turnover or drop ball or anything like that, just a sturdy gooseneck ball in the bed of the truck. I am also looking for the most economical because I don't have too terribly much to spend. What is the simplest way for me to get a GN hitch in my bed? Thanks fellas.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:36 PM
That1guy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to say the B and W flip hitch. They run about 600 bucks. Super nice. Thats all I hear about.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:40 AM
whipkeysd
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the B&W hitches they are little pricey but totally worth it. If you don't need a turn over you can go to a welder and have a plate made with a ball welded on. Then buy a set of brackets for a fifth wheel hitch or have those made as well and bolt through the bed to the frame. That's how I did my brother in laws truck but we found a good set of used brackets from a farm and ranch shop.

Quick Reply: Best Gooseneck Hitch