3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Modifying my Dodge Ram

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 06:26 PM
JEsquivel81
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Modifying my Dodge Ram

I am trying to get ideas for modifying my 07 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Quad Cab. I was thinking about a 4-6" Lift, looking at new rims/tires, and also putting dual exhaust. I have the 20" option as far as the rims, but what is a good size tire to go with, was looking at the Toyo Country M/T's, just dont know what size and is it also recommended to keep my 20" rim or go higher/lower? Was looking at the XD Series, KMC XD Series Diesel Chrome Plated rims. I have an aftermarket exhaust in place already, but it only has a single tube, would like to go dual all the way back. Still new to all this, but wanted to go out to other Ram owners who have lifted their vehicles and get any advice I can. Any different ideas? Like I said I am still new to all this, for everything i was quoted over 5 grand. Dont want to spend that much money. Thinking I can maybe do the lift myself and also do the exhaust myself but any recommendations I could get that would save money as well as time would be very helpful.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:19 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to DF.

I will move this to the 3rd gen section, get you some opinions.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:35 AM
explorer9950
Veteran

use the search man, there are quite a few guys, including myself with an 07 modded up. Just type in 2007 in the search and it'll bring up a lot....

Old 10-10-2010, 11:18 AM
FlexJohnson
Rookie

Your tires and rims will depend on what size lift you want... Most guys on here have 35 inch tires and anywhere from a 3 inch body lift(300$) to a 6 inch suspension lift(2,000$ give or take the brand you go with).. I have 37s with a 5.5 inch lift.. I am about to add the 3 inch body lift as well since the tires look a little stuffed.. When you add the lift and tires you will want to add gears to it soon after(5-600$ parts only).. Gears you will want installed by a professional.. You can definitely save alot of money installing the lift yourself if you have the tools and the know how.. I recommend doing it with a friend who knows what hes doing to cut down the install time.. Will probably be a weekend project if you do it in your driveway.. When it comes to tires and rims, you are going to have to do some research on the internet and see who has the got the best deals going on.. Obviously certain brands are going to cost more.. When purchasing, try to get the mounting and balancing included in the price... Call companies and see if they will match or beat other prices.. There are lots of ways to save money, just dont buy cheap ****.. Buy quality products and it will save you money in the long run.

Quick Reply: Modifying my Dodge Ram