3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Soon to go off warranty....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:31 AM
dodgegurl12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Soon to go off warranty....

Hey guys,

My truck is soon to go off warranty, so I was basically wondering if you think its a good idea to take it into Chrysler for an overall 'check-up'? Are there any areas you would suggest I be FIRM they inspect/replace etc? Its coming up just on 100,000 km.

Obviously Dodge already tried to sell me the extended warranty for $10,000. Not happening! But, I want to get as much 'free' warranty work done now as possible and ensure the truck runs great before I leave Chrysler

(Doesn't help that Im a girl and they try to tell me everything is wrong with my truck....ahahaha)

Thanx

Old 10-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"make sure they fill your headlight fluid up"
the dealer tryed to get my mom with this one

pretty sure you just on the power train warranty, so get the diffs transferre case looked at and maybe the tranny

Old 10-13-2010, 07:54 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

$10k for an extended warranty? Hell, I might as well buy a new truck if I had ten grand to put down on one.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:10 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
$10k for an extended warranty? Hell, I might as well buy a new truck if I had ten grand to put down on one.

Yep, I wonder how many people are gonna slap down $10k for an extended warranty that half the stuff that goes wrong you are gonna be told "not covered" for anyway?

But yeah, I'd say at 100,000 kms (ain't sure what that is in miles and I'm to lazy to hunt for a conversion) you'd be under power train warranty only. With the powert train, you'd pretty much know if there was an issue.
IMO if you take it in for a "look see", they are gonna try to soak you for a diff fluid change, tranny fluid change, etc. as "preventative maintenance".

If I was due for fluid changes, I'd take it in and have them check out gears, tranny, rack, etc. But if it's not due for any fluid changes, there really ain't much they are gonna do IMO...

Old 10-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

100 000 kilometers = 62 137.1192 miles

Old 10-14-2010, 12:39 PM
dodgegurl12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grrr>>>

So - the engine light came on again in my truck! Code: P0430. Emissions again I believe. I have replaced all 4 O2 Sensors. So, I called Chrysler and TOLD them they will be replacing the Cat. .....as well as any other warranty issue.

Dif. fluid is good, had that changed 30,000 km ago

P.S: They wont be changing my headlight fluid....I may look dumb, but I do know whats going on!

Thanks Guys!!

Quick Reply: Soon to go off warranty....