3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Seat swap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 05:31 PM
bartvandenberg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Seat swap?

Just wondering if anyone here knows about swapping seats?

I've been looking around thinking about getting a leather interior, and I really like the seats out of the 300m (or the performance/classy dodge vehicles) which I may be able to scoop up for super cheap!

Just wondering what I'd be getting into? would it be a somewhat direct bolt in, or would I need to fab up some new mounting brackets ? I would like to keep my center console/jump seat, but could loose it if I had to

any help would be awesome.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Matt99
Champion

you are going to have to get some measurements for that...every car is a different width/length. Im pretty sure you will have to fabb up new mounting brackets and most likely new connectors if you have power seats

Go take measurements of your console to the A pillar, dash to seat and dash to rear seats. Decide how much leg room you need. Also measure seat height. Then measure mounts. You can then measure at a dealer or used car lot to see what car will have comparable seats to make the easiest time for you

Old 10-17-2010, 09:13 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a swap on my 03 SXT with a ram 04 so it was basically a bolt on. My truck didn't have the support wiring so I hard wired it from the IPM. Post some pictures and let us know how it goes.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:47 PM
bartvandenberg
Professional

and is the center console/ jump seat interchangeable with newer years, like 2006-2008?

Old 10-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Matt99
Champion

No the 06-08 has a different setup than previous models, different dash and seats etc...I couldn't see a console fitting without alot of fabbing but if you are talking about the jumpseat I think OE did it

Old 10-17-2010, 11:00 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I was going to swap seats I would get the 06-08 seats and get catskinz for the front and rear to match.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:27 AM
NoFearEyes
Rookie

Find out who dealers use to upgrade thier cars from cloth to leather if that's all you are trying to accomplish/ Those guys have patterns for every car ever made and can do the job in a day.

I worked for a Toyota dealer and got toknwo the guys that did those upgrades for us . In fact the leather interiors they did were better than the factory offerings. BTW--the leather packages they offer include the door panels, kcik panels---everything---you also get lots of choices in the way of color, texture, "plush-ness" etc.
THey wopuld come by dealership, yank the seats one day and install the seats and panels the next day.

Seems like easiset and best quality approach and you cang et custom embroidery, mluti-colr stuff etc/

I checked on a sunroof for my truck and they offered me the smae price that they would give a dealer.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:39 AM
bartvandenberg
Professional

yah, I went to the dodge dealer in town, and can get the leather upgrade for my truck for 1200 bucks I think, which is a bit much.

I know they do an amazing job (I've seen it done on a friends truck) but I dont really want to throw that kind of money around for it yet.

I can get custom seat covers made specific for my seats for 250 ( like catskinz), which is pretty reasonable i thought. Mind you thats not leather, but still any colors I want.

I just keep seeing ads for 06-08 truck in interiors, but nothing for 02-05 locally. Wish I lived in a bigger city where I could get anything locallly.

Thanks a lot for all the input guys.. I really appreciate it. Maybe Ill get an early christmas present this year for myself. I just dont know what I want more.... new seats, or new gears!

Old 10-18-2010, 12:20 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

catskinz are nice but they are not cheap either. I would love to have a nice set of leather but IDK, the cost is a lot to me.

Quick Reply: Seat swap?