3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Im sure its not worth pursuing but...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 02:09 PM
DaytonaDakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im sure its not worth pursuing but...

i have a 2006 mega cab with just about every option EXCEPT moon roof i dont even notice it half the time but it would be nice to have

has anyone had an aftermarket one installed or attempted having a factory one put in

itd probably be thousands more than id wanna spend from a dealer and probably be horrible quality if i went aftermarket

but has anyone tried it or know anyting abuot it doesnt have to be a mega cab just any one

all i ever hear is aftermarkets leak no matter what and im not gonna be able to find a junked factory roof so..

i also hear the factory ones leak anyway or clog up easy anyway input would be great

Old 10-22-2010, 02:11 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I think they look good but I see a lot of threads about them leaking. And as you said it is both OEM and after market. I would not have one although my wifes Mini has a sunroof. As costly as that little car is, I pray it never leaks.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:08 AM
mbaseball3
Veteran

I had one installed in my 03 quad cab ram for 899 out the door. can't remember name atm but they were in contract with local dealerships. if customer wanted sun roof in new vehicle dealership would send car to them to have it done. anywho, they told me if I had any issues at all, just bring it in for free adjustment. over 3 years I had it, I had to have it adjusted once. took it in, took 5 mins to readjust, and that was it.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:11 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

im in the same boat. my 04 has everything but a sun roof. i really want one but they are costly. my wife has had one in every car she has ever owned, neon, envoy, tahoe and one has never leaked on us. i did knock on wood. i think i was quoted upwards of 1500 to get it done

Quick Reply: Im sure its not worth pursuing but...