3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

93 oct

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 04:52 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IL04Ram
haha ok thanks. The sad thing is that he is serious and he claims he read it on some dodge ram forums because he also has an 04 Hemi too. Just wanted to get my facts straight

I'll have to remember this one.. these little jokes are awesome... unless, of course they are malicious.. I have a good friend who sold a truck to a young lady who's husband was deployed.. it was a very nice '98 1500 4x.. lifted- about anything/everything you could imagine was done to it.. We met her at a stealership so they could check it out- they checked it out fine, even one mechanic wanted to buy it if she backed out of the deal.. she didn't..

it wouldn't start one morning, and she had it towed to the stealership, where they told her it needed a new battery cable, and a new radiator gasket.. a floggin' radiator gasket.. total: $900...

She called us..

I went up there and put a new battery cable on the thing and she drove it home..

jokes like this are fun more times than they aren't, but at the same time LIES like that told to that young lady are horse #*%..

"will melt your thermostat"... priceless... Guess what IL04Ram? We've ALL been caught in this kinda goof before.. some of us will admit it, some won't..

Old 11-02-2010, 04:58 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Like the guy who was advised to fill his crankcase with water from the hose and crank it after emptying the oil out to get all the old oil out during an oil change!

This was on the Mustang Forums I believe, and YEP, he totally hydrolocked, bent rods, pistons, etc. NEW ENGINE TIME for that poor SOB...

Old 11-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Buggsy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Like the guy who was advised to fill his crankcase with water from the hose and crank it after emptying the oil out to get all the old oil out during an oil change!

This was on the Mustang Forums I believe, and YEP, he totally hydrolocked, bent rods, pistons, etc. NEW ENGINE TIME for that poor SOB...

Simultaneously, I'm almost on the floor laughing and cringing at the aftermath.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:02 PM
D2B4ker1

Originally Posted by HammerZ71

Yea, that was posted up on JeepForum at one point, I laughed my *** off. I believe another one that was posted over there had something to do with a guy filling up his motorcycle up with NOS.... the energy drink...

Old 11-02-2010, 08:07 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by D2B4ker1
Yea, that was posted up on JeepForum at one point, I laughed my *** off. I believe another one that was posted over there had something to do with a guy filling up his motorcycle up with NOS.... the energy drink...

LMAO, yeah I read that one too...

Old 11-02-2010, 08:24 PM
sinus19
Veteran

man, and i thought i was sniffing some..

Old 11-02-2010, 09:16 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

This is one funny thread. lol

irun 93octane in everythng. It lasts longer..meanin it doesn't go ba as fast as the lower grades epecially with the 10%ethanol we have in our fuel.

You know, back in the 60's and 70's gasoline used to be 100+ octane! It's only been the past 30yrs the octane has gone to crap. Octane is merely the resistance to detonation without going all technical in this simplistic thread. It never hurts to go higher, but it will hurt to go lower. Going higher is juts more costly with no added performace past your manufacturers reccomendation.

Last edited by dirtydog; 11-02-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:35 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

^^^ Yeah we have a huge thread on here somewhere about using 93 octane. I posted all kinds of info on it but melting a t stat it will never do

Old 11-04-2010, 06:47 AM
marky0304
Rookie

Hey Hammer, on the shelf next to the muffler bearings and blinker fluid, would there happen to be a can of 1D10T fluid some of these have been using?

Old 11-21-2010, 07:56 PM
bbates

The owner's manual on my Hemi says that 93 octane can lead to poor performance. According to the manual, Dodge recommends 89 octane for peak performance but 87 octane is sufficient.

Last edited by bbates; 11-21-2010 at 08:00 PM.