3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

3" Body Lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 05:01 AM
03gsxr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" Body Lift

Well finally got it done and it went pretty smooth until we got to the steering that was a pain it the butt ended up stripping the theads and the extender so we just drilled it out and ran a bolt lock washer and nut through it I'll get pics posted up of it tommorrow over all I'm happy with it now I cant wait for the 6" suspension lift and some 35's to put under it

Old 11-07-2010, 05:18 AM
03gsxr
Rookie
Old 11-07-2010, 01:12 PM
PhillyFireLieutenant
Professional
Default 06 mega

Name:  liftedandleveled3.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  9.5 KB

installer had problems also, had to put the steering extension in alt. position.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:04 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice setup. I also have always been leery of stripping those threads on that soft aluminum steering shaft extension. I was wondering if you could put a bolt and nut through it if needed later on so I am glad you addressed that.

You should be able to 35s now if you want but I understand if you still wanna lift it and look and ride like me.....

Old 11-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good
How long did it take ya??

Old 11-09-2010, 12:22 PM
03gsxr
Rookie

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Nice setup. I also have always been leery of stripping those threads on that soft aluminum steering shaft extension. I was wondering if you could put a bolt and nut through it if needed later on so I am glad you addressed that.

You should be able to 35s now if you want but I understand if you still wanna lift it and look and ride like me.....
ya I could put 35's on now but I'm going to wait until i get the 6" lift on in then I'll go buy new rims as well Trust me I was leery about running a bolt lock washer and nut through as well but I had no other choice because it was at my buddy shop on a friday night and I would have had to wait until Tuesday for a new part. So as of right now I'm just keeping a real close eye on it to make sure it stays nice and tight LOL

Old 11-09-2010, 12:24 PM
03gsxr
Rookie

Originally Posted by Marx
looks good
How long did it take ya??
about 8 hours but we wasted alot of time with the steering if everything would have went right it would have only taking 5-6 hours tops

Old 11-16-2010, 12:45 AM
BedlinerAllover

Question. I am new to the site, and new to anything lifted. I have a 3" body lift kit for my truck, and am planning to install it with the help of a friend this weekend. The directions tell me to disconnect a LOT of stuff, anyone have insight into what all I may be able to skip or avoid? Or would i be best off following the directions to the letter?

Old 11-16-2010, 04:03 AM
rickof08
Veteran

Originally Posted by BedlinerAllover
Question. I am new to the site, and new to anything lifted. I have a 3" body lift kit for my truck, and am planning to install it with the help of a friend this weekend. The directions tell me to disconnect a LOT of stuff, anyone have insight into what all I may be able to skip or avoid? Or would i be best off following the directions to the letter?
honestly, I wouldnt skip anything. If you havent done it before id follow it to the letter. That way you can be certain you did it right the first time.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:03 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BedlinerAllover
On my 04 I didnt disconnect mt battery grounds but i think that was because I had already changed them out with longer ones some time back. I dont think I needed to disconnect the brake lines from the frame when lifting but still a good idea to do so. I did not add in the e-brake cable bracket as I didnt need it. The spare tire winch was a PITA!! The rad shroud I also did not cut.

Quick Reply: 3" Body Lift