3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Chrysler is replacing my 03 Ram cracked dash!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 05:27 AM
jfsark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please send me info and copy of invoice so i can get my dash fixed! thamk you!

Old 11-28-2012, 10:23 PM
lsl49
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TolarRam
This is for all of you with dodge rams that have cracked and or cracking dashes. I have an 03 ram 3500 4x4 Laramie with 120000 miles. The truck is well maintained. About a year ago, it got a crack on the dash...I thought no big deal,,well now it has has many many more cracks. After doing some research on the Internet,I discovered like so many of you that this is a well known and documented problem with these dashes. Well I called Chrysler and stood my ground....I took the truck to my dealer to verify the problem etc.....well the dealer called me today and said it will be replaced by Chrylser...all I have to pay is 100.00 dollars. They are replacing both dash pieces. A precedent has now been set....once I get the truck back and have my copy of the invoice....I can scan and email it to anyone that needs it....so you can call Chrysler and get them to fix yours.....

A truck that cost as much as a ram should have a dash that last more than 5-7 years....
I should say upfront I have been a Dodge man for all my 60+ yrs. I have a 1997 I bought new with 150k miles. The dash has multiple holes in it and its getting to the point I fear I will start getting damage to the electrical system. Due to Chryslers failure to properly address this dash damage issue with a recall, I would be very reluctant to buy another or recommend a Dodge to a friend. Glad you had good luck with your truck getting your dash replaced.

Last edited by lsl49; 11-28-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:26 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Im surprised ANYONE gets a dash replaced honestly. Nothing against the manufacture but these plastics do sit out in the direct sunlight over extended periods of time and we all know how hot it get can in the cab with the windows up on a full summer sunny day.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM
4minc
Rookie

Yes, but other mfg's do not have this many problems. Working with Dodge/Jeep as an engineer for many years I can tell you that it is not the plastic failing (because of the type of plastic used) but the design of the dash and the build tolerances of the body. I specifically worked with interior plastics and have struggled for years to cover up the body variation with my plastic parts. Imagine trying to cover up a bad foundation with the drywall. Jeep truck is the worst for body variation. Metal moves, plastic breaks.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:02 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah but when you can take a piece of the plastic and break it easily with your fingers, it's bad dry rotted plastic

Old 01-07-2013, 11:32 PM
JJ HASSENBOHLER JR.

This is for all of you with dodge rams that have cracked and or cracking dashes. I have an 03 ram 3500 4x4 Laramie with 120000 miles. The truck is well maintained. About a year ago, it got a crack on the dash...I thought no big deal,,well now it has has many many more cracks. After doing some research on the Internet,I discovered like so many of you that this is a well known and documented problem with these dashes. Well I called Chrysler and stood my ground....I took the truck to my dealer to verify the problem etc.....well the dealer called me today and said it will be replaced by Chrylser...all I have to pay is 100.00 dollars. They are replacing both dash pieces. A precedent has now been set....once I get the truck back and have my copy of the invoice....I can scan and email it to anyone that needs it....so you can call Chrysler and get them to fix yours.....

A truck that cost as much as a ram should have a dash that last more than 5-7 years....
I need to get this info from you.
My 2003 ram's dash is in10 pieces and I have been looking for a solution.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:51 PM
kenneymc
Veteran

Good luck. Dodge told me sorry, nothing they would do on mine a few months ago. I bought new covers for both pieces of my dash and installed them from dashcoversplus.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:17 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Its one thing to get them to cover it for a trucks that is 1 year or so old. It is entirely different for a truck thats 10 years old

Old 02-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Ceb2100

Can you
Send a copy of the invoice to ceb2100@yahoo.com? I just bought a 2001 dodge ram 1500 that has a cracking dash that's really bad. Thank you!

Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

I'm going to need you guys to be realistic. You just bought a used 2001 that's around 12 years old and you want a dealership that you didn't buy it from new nor have a warranty with to replace it?

Not to mention, this thread data back to 2010 and the person who started it isnt even around anymore.

Quick Reply: Chrysler is replacing my 03 Ram cracked dash!!!