3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I think my truck feels sluggish

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 09:01 AM
BrandonWallace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think my truck feels sluggish

Well, I work nights and just got home from work, but on my way home a guy that I work with raced me with a 4.3 vortec blazer thats all stock. My truck is a 08 regular cab short box 5.7 around 50k on it with flomasters,SC programer,home brew cai,power wire mod, trans line pressure mod, and a fastman TB. I did out run him but it sure wasent like I think it should have been, im guessin probally 3 or 4 car lenghts in a pretty long stetch. Does that sound right or is my truck not preforming like it should???

Old 11-21-2010, 04:01 PM
03celicagts
Professional

If I were u id checking my AFRs. Is the truck bogging off the line?? I know on my car a cai can cause the motor to run lean due to the MAF getting messed up readings due to the larger dia intake piping. Also with your TB and cai that engine is going to be sucking up a lot more air. Double check your settings in that sc programmer. Im not a ram owner yet but just a few things that come to my mind.

Also my next ques is, what size rims are u running? 20" rims look great but are heavy as all **** and will have a big impact how fast your truck is off the line.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
BrandonWallace

Yea im runnin stock tires and 20s, i pulled up beside him probally around 40 and we took off from there so i didnt come out of the hole. I kinda thought it felt a little weak when I pulled out at work but never thought anything about it till i pulled up beside him. Im gonna mess around with it here in the next few days and see what I can come up with. Might even take off my CAI and see what happens. I was about to order a set of headers and do the E-fan just to do it, now i feel like i need it lmao

Old 11-21-2010, 10:30 PM
03celicagts
Professional

A good investment would be a wideband o2 sensor.

Mods such as headers, intakes, will gain small amounts of whp on a n/a. Were talking you know 10-20 whp, maybe a bit more on these hemis. I would consider a s/c kit, with conservative boost like 8 IBS.

If u want to stay N/A and make some good power I would look at mods such as PnP head, high comp pistons, retainers, valves, springs. Port match exh Man, and nice catback exh. Im new to the dodges not sure what the limits are on the stock injectors and fuel pump but may need to upgrade. But if you do any of this you will need some tuning sessions.

Hey I wonder has anybody ever done ITBs on a hemi that would be sick.

Quick Reply: I think my truck feels sluggish