3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

In need of some advice please

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 11:06 AM
canedaddy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of some advice please

2008 Ram 1500 4wd with the Hemi. Have always loved the Dodge, but local dealer has me about fed up. Bought this truck in Jan 09. With less than 10,000 miles, had to be towed to dealer because it was locked in 1st gear. After arguing and prodding, dealer discovered pressure had gotten too high and blew out the transmission filter. 2 months ago, developed horrible wiggle. Goodyears were cupping. Put on new Cooper Zeon LTZ's and alignment...problem solved. Gas mileage was around 16.4 mpg with the Zeons. 30 days ago, transmission locked in 1st again. Dealer claimed they couldn't find anything. They supposedly did say there was a TSB for driveability they "corrected". Immediately after, lost 2.5+ mpg. Then Wed, coming home from road trip, had to get towed again. This time after a meal stop, truck wouldn't crank. Different dealer found code for crank sensor that came up in history? Does this mean the clowns I normally deal with missed, or chose to ignore this issue? Also, I understand this can cause trans. issues and gas mileage loss. Could be the "correction" caused this problem or building from previous oversight. At any rate, what do you guys think and or recommend? I surely will not go back to original dealer. Can you complain to Chrysler or something, or do they even care? Truck still has less than 40,000 miles on it and has been towed 3 times. Any insight would greatly be appreciated!

Old 11-26-2010, 11:16 PM
03celicagts
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel for u man. I had a 06 f250 v10 that had nothing but problems with it and dealer refused to admit anything was wrong with it. This truck would go into a death wobble everytime u go over expansion joints, or washboards, changed tires, steering damper same thing. Then the truck went through 3 fuel pumps, 1 TB, thats when we got rid of that bitch. **** the dealer.

But also be nothing but professional with the dealers. My buddy (builds race cars for a hobby) has a 2010 v6 hyundai genesis, and was having issues with it, brought it in for warranty work and the service manager was flat out lying to his face about what was wrong with it. B/c police are involved long story short hes now banned for life from the local dealership and now has to drive 2.5hr away to the next available hyundai dealer for warranty work.

Quick Reply: In need of some advice please