3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Truck saved my life...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 01:44 PM
areinike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad you're okay. I rolled like that in a Chevy. Needless to say, I moved south. Snow sucks.

Last edited by areinike; 12-19-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:05 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a wild ride. Glad you came out only slightly scuffed.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:02 PM
AZZO540
Veteran

aleast ur ok to ad for the truck aleast it saved you

Last edited by AZZO540; 12-19-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 PM
minex
Veteran

I had a close call coming back from a trip from New Mexico on Friday. I-25 was closed and when it finally opened up, I fired up the truck and started my 8 hour trip home. I was going over Ratan Pass near the Colorado and New Mexico border. I neglected to put the truck into four wheel drive and was cruising along in the right lane at around 55 MPH. Suddenly, the rear of my truck gave out and I fishtailed into the left lane and into the median which had several feet of snow (similar to your photos). There was one car behind me.

My girlfriend was with me and she braced for impact. I also braced for impact as I let off the accelerator and turned into the slide. Not once did I press the brakes. The truck slowly swerved back to the right and left and eventually stabilized. Needless to say, I immediately put the truck into 4 wheel drive and slowed down. My heart was pounding. Just imagine what would have happened had the truck continued to swerve into the median with all that snow...

Last edited by minex; 12-19-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:41 AM
tsnyder
Professional

its good that your all in one peice ,and alberta roads are pure b.s i know the no salt use is nice on our vehicles but dam it sure sucks that black ice up i sure do miss living back on the eastcoast were the roads were at least mantained not like here in on of the richest provences in canada and new brunswick one of the poorest with the best highways....ya for low taxes Eh lol

Old 12-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Slava
Veteran

Originally Posted by minex
I had a close call coming back from a trip from New Mexico on Friday. I-25 was closed and when it finally opened up, I fired up the truck and started my 8 hour trip home. I was going over Ratan Pass near the Colorado and New Mexico border. I neglected to put the truck into four wheel drive and was cruising along in the right lane at around 55 MPH. Suddenly, the rear of my truck gave out and I fishtailed into the left lane and into the median which had several feet of snow (similar to your photos). There was one car behind me.

My girlfriend was with me and she braced for impact. I also braced for impact as I let off the accelerator and turned into the slide. Not once did I press the brakes. The truck slowly swerved back to the right and left and eventually stabilized. Needless to say, I immediately put the truck into 4 wheel drive and slowed down. My heart was pounding. Just imagine what would have happened had the truck continued to swerve into the median with all that snow...
This is another reason why I use 4wd every time I drive snow covered roads. Last year I had Pontiac Montana and I went to the ditch in the same situation

Old 12-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Slava
Veteran

Originally Posted by tsnyder
its good that your all in one peice ,and alberta roads are pure b.s i know the no salt use is nice on our vehicles but dam it sure sucks that black ice up i sure do miss living back on the eastcoast were the roads were at least mantained not like here in on of the richest provences in canada and new brunswick one of the poorest with the best highways....ya for low taxes Eh lol
In my part of Ontario roads are cleaned and salted but we still have black ice sometimes so I would prefer not cleaned roads with studded tires . Unfortunately studded tires are forbidden here...

Old 12-20-2010, 10:15 AM
LinerJoe
Veteran

Wow, sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to see you made it through relatively unscathed! The truck seemed to do it's job... it definitely doesn't look like it rolled 6 times! I can only pray that my truck holds up as well if that sort of situation presented itself.

joe

Old 12-20-2010, 08:32 PM
nussdawg395
Veteran

Wow! Glad your alright man. That looks like it could have been bad for you. Well look at it this way time to go truck shopping! But i would definitly take something off of that truck like a badge or something as a momento of it.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:59 PM
MD87
Rookie

glad to hear your ok man. yah i had a bad wreck last year on my bike that i shouldn't of walked away from, so it definately makes you think something or somebody is looking out for you

Quick Reply: Truck saved my life...