3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Train Horn

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 08:40 AM
davidonmars
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

funny this topic was started last night I was on youtube watching videos called train horn scare!! ****ing hillarious I wanna get one!!

Old 01-02-2011, 04:54 PM
mknnoyz

Where are you able to mount the 3 gal tank?

Old 01-02-2011, 05:04 PM
glass3222
Captain

I want to get a train horn set up, but it is the one thing my wife said no about getting for my truck. She thinks I would do something dumb and get in trouble She knows me to well

Old 01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
freestyledude
Captain

I was going to go for Train horns, but apparently they have issues in the cold (I'm in Canada)
I went for an amplified PA system... much more personal

Old 01-02-2011, 06:01 PM
ram man17
Captain

Originally Posted by mknnoyz
Where are you able to mount the 3 gal tank?
Tool box, somewhere on the frame, or by the front bumper

and freestyledude, those were my 2 choices, train horns or ampd pa's. maybe in the future Ill get some pa's though, never know

Old 03-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Travelin man
Amateur

Hey does any of you guys have a wireing diagram of you train horn setup . I bought a used setup of a guy but he did not have the instructions on how to wire the tank , pump , relay and the pressure switch up . I want to leave the stock horn alone and use a momentary switch to activate the horn. I got it all in and wired the way I thought but the compressor is not turning on to pump the tank up . The compressor works if I hook it up straight to the battery .

Old 03-03-2011, 11:08 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DaytonaDakota
Unless there is a sale going on. Your best bet is to make your own kit. I bought a compressor, tank, horns, solenoid, hoses, fittings. All separately. I started with the shocker horn kit. Then I recently upgraded to the Nathan k5. All awesome horns. Just big difference in price and quality. I also started with the viair 20003. Which is like 1.5 or maybe it was 2 gallons. But anyway. Now I have 15 gallons on board with 9 horns. Lol got a lil carried away But anyway.
I wanna see those

Originally Posted by Travelin man
Hey does any of you guys have a wireing diagram of you train horn setup . I bought a used setup of a guy but he did not have the instructions on how to wire the tank , pump , relay and the pressure switch up . I want to leave the stock horn alone and use a momentary switch to activate the horn. I got it all in and wired the way I thought but the compressor is not turning on to pump the tank up . The compressor works if I hook it up straight to the battery .
http://www.viaircorp.com/OnRoad/Sche...singlec_wd.pdf

Old 03-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Travelin man
Amateur

Weed I got the horns finnaly in and working the way I want them to . I found a forum for train horns along with the link you posted both got me what iI wanted to know . I will try to post pictures tomorrow when I get home from work if I can figure out how to .

Quick Reply: Train Horn