3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New to me 06

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 11:12 AM
kossuth
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New to me 06

Well, I'm the proud new owner of a 06 Quad Cab Big Horn Edition pickem up. Wasn't exactly what I wanted but for the price I can't complain. Now kinda looking for some advice. I had a 01 Ram which I had forever so not new to the Dodge world just this is a new animal to me. Old truck ran good and all just wasn't gonna work anymore with our upcoming family situation (wife has the second bun in the oven) and the older quad cabs of the 98-01's just doesn't fit multiple car seats the best.

Anyways, I've thought about it and figured I'd just make a large post and ask all my questions here.

Truck has Sirius in it which I loved the XM in the old truck so it's obviously gonna be used. I was wondering what would it take to install a ipod into the truck. Yeah yeah, it's got the Aux input on the front of the radio, but we both have Nano's so navigating the Nano screen while driving just isn't happening. Thus I'd like to control the Ipods from the radio itself. What I understand at this point (please correct me if I'm wrong) is the only way to control the Ipod like I'm saying is to sacrifice the Sirius interface or get the Navigation unit. Again if I'm wrong correct me on that. Well, I like the Sat radio so that ain't happening obviously. If I am correct in needing a navigation unit to do both for about how much can these be gotten for and is there anything major to look out for when getting them?

Also, Truck has an home made cat back exhaust on it with two mufflers. I'm not against the exhaust, but the spare doesn't fit back in the factory location so that's gotta change being I use it as a truck. Any recommendations as far as catbacks that clear the spare?