3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dodge Rams in Snow

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:21 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I actually miss it. I grew up in upstate NY, but moved to Georgia for college. I did get the chance to "play" a little a couple of winters as my ex-wife was from northern Illinois and I took her up there for Christmas a couple times. We always got her 4WD Jeep Grand Cherokees for her ride, so I got have some fun a couple times while up there.

Other than that, in eighteen years, most I've seen in the south is a two inch "blizzard" in south Georgia last winter and a freakish snowstorm that put about 3" on the ground while camping in the north Georgia mountains on opening day of trout season (April 1st) back in like '97 or '98. Froze my a$$ off that weekend in a tent!!!

Old 01-12-2011, 12:45 PM
NHHEMI
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy crap Batman! We are getting burried. Now THIS is snow! Got 2'+ already and the storm is not due to stop totally until the early morning hours. We originally were only supposed to see 6-10"( flurries )and then they upped it to 12-18"( snow showers )but it has settled in and gone nuts. I have cleaned the yard 3 times already and there is a good 10" out there again! It stinks when the snow comes down so fast that by the time you are done cleaning out the area yoou started in already has 5-6" in it. Every time the plow goes by I wind up with a 4 foot bank at the end of the driveway.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Razorhawg
Veteran

Originally Posted by NHHEMI
Holy crap Batman! We are getting burried. Now THIS is snow! Got 2'+ already and the storm is not due to stop totally until the early morning hours. We originally were only supposed to see 6-10"( flurries )and then they upped it to 12-18"( snow showers )but it has settled in and gone nuts. I have cleaned the yard 3 times already and there is a good 10" out there again! It stinks when the snow comes down so fast that by the time you are done cleaning out the area yoou started in already has 5-6" in it. Every time the plow goes by I wind up with a 4 foot bank at the end of the driveway.
hahaha whats this plow you speak of? we have sanding things in the back of pickups and a couple on dump trucks but our plows are road graders but i was informed last night that we have one plow i havent ever seen it but ive heard we have one

Old 01-12-2011, 01:15 PM
NHHEMI
Professional

Sanders and graters here too but plows are a must with all the snow we get.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:39 PM
dodgeboy1979
All Star

this past year we had snow every month except july , august and september lol

Old 01-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Blacksport
Captain

Originally Posted by dodgeboy1979
this past year we had snow every month except july , august and september lol
Yup, it was a crap year!! I was camping in a snow storm last year!!!

Old 01-12-2011, 07:29 PM
citori13
Professional

Plenty of snow here in mn. Sorry about bad phone pics

Name:  1221101852a.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  37.1 KB

Name:  1221101852.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  39.2 KB

Old 01-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Geezir
Veteran

Where did you get those headlights from? Those have to be the least ricey looking projectors for a Ram that I've seen.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:51 PM
xsparta11x
Professional

Surprisingly enough, off of ebay. Not usually big on buying off brand products, but I gave it a shot. The Projector lenses are not that high of quality so they filter out alot of the light, not that big of a deal though b/c of the HID fogs. Gotta make sure though that you but a relay switch on the LED's though and seal them up really well or else, you will run into issues. I need to replace a couple of them. But I like them so far. But to respond to NHHEMI, I was born and raised in Utah, So I know what "Snow" is. But it makes things super difficult when the GA DOT has like a total of 10 plow and salt trucks. So Ice is freaking everywhere. But what are you gonna do?!

Old 01-13-2011, 02:43 PM
hemiman07
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SNOW! What's that? HA!HA! Here in the Bay area (San Jose) I think the last time we actually had snow that stuck on the ground a little bit was back in the '70's! The only time we see snow is on our Mt. Hamilton on the east side of the valley, it snows up there almost every winter, but they close the rode up there cause no one knows how to drive in the stuff. Other than that, if we want to see the "real" snow we have to go up to Tahoe or somewhere in the Sierra's.

Quick Reply: Dodge Rams in Snow