3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

fog lights in an st bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:04 AM
bartvandenberg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fog lights in an st bumper?

Just curious if anyone here has done it before, or if there is a how-to kicking around for it.

Basically, my truck has the black and chrome bumper without foglights. Obviously, I have the holes where they are supposed to be, but they are filled with a plastic piece with 3 vertical "lines".

Anyone know if i can just order stock fogs and mount them? or what else I'd need to do?

any help would be awesome.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:04 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You can take that vent out and put fogs in the place. Then sell the vents if you want to. A factory setup sold on ebay would be best but make sure the truck is pre-wired for fogs. Also, sometimes the trucks PCM/FCM isnt programmed for fogs so that means a trip to the dealer and a plug-in with the Starscan which means $$$

Old 01-17-2011, 04:00 PM
bartvandenberg
Professional

I could add my own wiring and hook them up to a separate in-cab switch if i wanted though no? regardless of factory wiring or not?

Old 01-17-2011, 07:27 PM
rebel61021
Veteran

yes they sell a kit for both ways on e-bay. I installed my own wiring so that I can run them even with the high beams on. this is who I got my kit from and it was great. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...ht_1612wt_1165

Old 01-17-2011, 09:24 PM
SLT8
Record Breaker

if its already prewired then you save yourself a step and a few dollars since you only need fogs and switch.

Originally Posted by bartvandenberg
I could add my own wiring and hook them up to a separate in-cab switch if i wanted though no? regardless of factory wiring or not?

Quick Reply: fog lights in an st bumper?