3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Lower Control arm Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Pointedstick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower Control arm Bushings

I am at wits end trying to find bushings for my truck, I have a 2004 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi. I have tried all part stores Napa, Uap, partsource, national 4x4 even the dealership.they tell me they are backorderd from 2000. Can anyone tell me where I can find these bushings in Canada. Thanks

Old 01-25-2011, 08:48 PM
rjvems23
Amateur

I have a 2006 and i also have run into this same problem. I have to replace these in order to install my leveling kit considering the lower strut bolt are seized to the bushings. I was able to get them from my local dodge dealer they had to order them but they are able to get them. They are quite pricey. 39.00 for a bushing and if you have to replace the bolt itself like i do there running 25.00 a piece. I tried autozone and they cant get ahold of them but i did have some luck at oriellys and they are about 20.00 cheaper. I know this isnt much help but try oriellys,

Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try here Pointedstick.......www.rockauto.com
Al.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:18 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Someone also said the other day they seen them on ebay.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Pointedstick

Update
I spent hours on the phone with dodge and the told me they are not supplying these bushings anymore. They are making us buy the whole lower control arm with bushings and ball joint.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:32 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

They are anywhere from $12-22 on www.rockauto.com

Old 11-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Sweller3
Amateur

Hi, do anybody know if bushing on lower control arm are the same on those bolts that connect arm to chassis and the one that connects strut to lower control arm.

Bolt is seized with bushing :/ and I can't get it out...

I ordered quick-struts from rancho and I have to remove bolt in order to remove strut (obviously )... :/

On rockauto, there are lower bushing front and rear, but no bushings for strut connecting to control arm :/

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Oh I have 2006 1500 4x4 5.7 HEMI

Old 12-28-2011, 11:39 PM
IowaHemi1
Amateur

I am also having problems getting the lower bolt off of strut at control arm. This is a design flaw for sure. At some point you have to replace struts.....I have a bad right strut. Thing is squeaking and driving me crazy! Do i have to get new lower control arm?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:52 PM
nzornes44
Amateur

I have a 2006 dodge ram 4x4 5.7L hemi, and did this problem fixer last year. went to the dodge dealership and they ordered the part for me you need the bushing and the metal sleeve it comes in i have the part number but gotta find the paper i wrote it on, its a tough one especially cutting out the old bushings and make sure when you have the new bushing pushed in by the mechanic that you mark exactly where they need to be or you will be going back. if your doing this to fix the wobble at 55-65 mph then it will work but a very good allignment shop will need to do the allignment once your done. GOOD LUCK. ill see if i can find that part# if you google there was a TSB that came out from dodge and they have the part numbers on there that you need.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Sweller3
Amateur

Ok, time to tell you how did I remove strut bolt on lower control arm... well I tried to press it out with custom created tool but there was no go to get it out all the way. I ended cutting strut flanges, bolt and "cut" out rubber bushing with torch gun and then cut out metal sleeve with hand metal saw... I then ordered custom made bushing and put it in fridge (to reduce diameter of bishings metal sleeve). Then next day just put it in with rubber hammer. But I had to be fast, because when you take it from fridge it warms up very quickly...

If anyone needs plan of bushing with tolerances, please PM me. I made it by my self. It is in metric measurements, but I can convert it to imperial if you want

Oh original bolt was all rusty. I put in new metal bolt of grade 10.9.

I hope you understand any of this. Hard to express myself sometimes in english

Quick Reply: Lower Control arm Bushings