3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Break question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Speedaholic
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break question?

I have a 2004 Dodge Quad cab 4X4 and once I take that thing to the car wash and hit the brakes a couple of times it seems okay..
What I'm looking at is trying to figure out what would be the best break set for the truck? The cost is irrelevant I'm looking for the best rotor and pads to put on it...

I bought the truck six months ago and it came with new brakes and rotors they probably are generic.. I noticed when the brakes get wet it seems to be an issue slowing down that BIG *** truck, so I'm worried if we have a hurricane and I get caught up in it I might have a Breaking issue.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Speedaholic
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In any recommendations on shocks, vehicle only has a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit on the front

Old 02-24-2011, 09:07 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I have stock rotors and ceramic pads. I mainly use ceramic pads because I have big rims and they put out less dust. But they do a great job of braking and the good thing is they are lifetime warrantied from Autozone so I can take them back and get a new set later. They are called Cmax and are about $60 a set.

Cant help on the shocks though. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Break question?