3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My Ram is a POS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Gasturbine
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben D.
who gives a rats *** how many issues you had in such a short time from when you bought it..
I do.

but what was the point in your post?
Sharing my experience with my Dodge truck. Last I checked, this was a Dodge truck forum.

I don't need to see your paperwork I believe you had the issues you stated..
Thats not what you said. You called me a "troll". A troll is someone who fabricates information (lies) to get attention.

I just don't understand what you were expecting. You come onto a forum with a bunch of dodge enthusiasts and instead of a thread saying "lots of issues with my ram what should i do"
I was expecting to open a dialog, in respect to what I think of my truck right now. Im not/didnt ask what I should do, because I dont need others advice as WHAT to do, rather possibly get some information that may help...what action I take, will be my decision.

bottom line is man if you want to hate on a vehicle that has had a bunch of problems you might wanna start looking into building your own..
No thank you....I might keep the truck, I dont know, but if I do, and have more issues, you better bet Im going to post them here.

otherwise stop crying about stuff that everyone else on the planet understands is part of life..
Im not crying about anything pal. And I dont believe that "everyone else on the planet" thinks that having all these mechanical problem in the short time/millage I have had, is normal or acceptable.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Not trying to be mean, but overall it sounds like you need to learn to do your own work on your own truck. You can do your own spark plugs and SHOULD do them. Changing a water pump doesnt cost 400+ but it will if you LET the dealer rape you for it. You can get nan air bag for WAY less that 1200 but again, if all you believe is the dealer then shame on you.

You need to open your eyes and trust yourself and not the dealer. They will ALWAYS lead you in the direction of opening your wallet to them.
Weed, this has been addressed already. Its not about me doing the work or not. I only post the prices from professional shops and dealers (not all quotes were from dealers) to make a reference to the questionable engineering.

And I would never assume everybody is mechanically inclined, or could "teach themselves" to replace a heater core in a Dodge truck. I know that most of us here are at least, minimally mechanically capable, but I can guarantee my wife would NEVER consider/attempt to change the plugs in my truck, or replace the heater core.

Regards.

Last edited by Gasturbine; 02-28-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by cbauer15
look turbine if you dont like your ram then why the h*** are you b******g at us and not at dodge.
Is this a question? Im not "bit**ing" AT anybody here...Im "bit**ing" about my truck.

If you liked your chevy so much then go buy another one and stop b******g about your ram
I just might sell it, and indeed buy a Chevy. However, if I keep it, and issues continue that I find unacceptable, you better believe Im going to post it here.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:17 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I understand bro and I can feel where you are coming from. I had a car once that almost made me burn it to the ground because every time i turned around something was going wrong. Some rides are just like that unfortunately. I know you know better to think one manufacture like Chevy is better than Dodge because we all know Chevy has the same issues. Some individual trucks are good and some are a headache.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Rich 2500
Veteran

You know Gas but it might be worth looking into an aftermarket warranty for a year or two, if the truck is going to lump all it's mechanical problems this close together it might pay. Also the best way I've seen to keep a vehicle from breaking is to keep it under warranty.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by Rich 2500
You know Gas but it might be worth looking into an aftermarket warranty for a year or two, if the truck is going to lump all it's mechanical problems this close together it might pay. Also the best way I've seen to keep a vehicle from breaking is to keep it under warranty.
Thanks Rich...I never thought of that!

Old 02-28-2011, 02:09 PM
MrIcky
Amateur

Just got curious, thought I'd post up my 2 minutes of Google results:

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Re...0&trimid=99261

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Re...0&trimid=99951

You can see the Chevy appears to have some issues for quite a few years running.

I'm sorry you're having the issues you are having. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having all the issues you're having. The one that gets me the most is the airbag sensor. If it went off just after you bought it, my bet is it went on in the past and it was jimmied to make it stop. I know you believe the prior owner had no knowledge of these things, but the airbag system light is very unusual.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by Janowicz Robert A.
Gasturbine, you're wasting your time on here, and I mean that in a way that i actually feel the pain you're going through on here.
Thanks Robert.

Like said earlier on an earlier post, the members on here will attack you on every front, and make you look like the villain, when the only thing your trying to do is, establish a dialogue about issues you're having with your truck and the things that Dodge / Chrysler can do in the future to correct it.
Correct. But I do admit I knew there would be those "ones" who would choose to attack, but I can handle it...Ive got big shoulders.

Instead of Hammer using his authority to ban me from the forum, (which he did using the excuse "that i was a new guy with a bad attitude)
I will agree, I was very surprised when Hammer banned you, especially based on what others have said, but I will never presume to dictate how Hammer does his job.

he could have used it instead to ban Ben D. with his tyrannical rant on page 8. in which he attacks you for posting your issues.
I cant agree more. Ben D (and I dont mean any disrespect) just doesnt get it. It seems to bother him so much, he has resorted to immature name calling, and grade school insults, but again...I practice being a duck...I just let it roll off my back.

So again, like I mentioned earlier you won't get anywhere on here, because just about everyone on here has drank the Kool Aid....
I think there has been good from this thread. There has been some good dialog and interaction, but you have to wad through all the crap to see it.

So do yourself a favor, and trade or sell the truck, but at least tell the next person about the issues first, that's only fair. Then purchase another Make, i.e., Ford;Toyota or one of the others and let us know how it works...I won't be far behind......
I havent decided what direction Im going to go. Its almost like Im so far into it now, I cant get out. And Im not sure I even could sell it with air bag light on, HOWEVER, I have learned (because of this thread) there is a probable fix that is rather inexpensive.

Regards Robert, and thanks for the comments.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:14 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasturbine
Thanks Robert.

I will agree, I was very surprised when Hammer banned you, especially based on what others have said, but I will never presume to dictate how Hammer does his job.

Not that I have to justify it, but 8 posts since Dec. '10, each one bashing the product. Nothing constructive, no other purpose for the posts. I was just not into delaying the inevitable...

Old 02-28-2011, 04:25 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Lets keep the thread nice and civil guys. We dont want to see it get closed for getting out of hand. We have ALL had rides that have seemed to have been more trouble than they were worth. And if one of you just happens to say otherwise, well then just keep waiting, its coming. LOL

I hate to see anyone leave a good truck but thats not to say the truck they have right now is the one for them. Until someone starting PAYING me to drive their ride, I swear NO allegiance to any of them.