3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Any experience with Pro Comp Mud Terrain?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:23 PM
pousaan
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any experience with Pro Comp Mud Terrain?

Does anyone here have any experience with Pro Comp Mud Terrains? Not the Xtreme Mud Terrains.

I can get 4 of them in 37x12.5x17 for $1300. Less than 5000 km's (3000mi) on them! It seems like a good deal to me.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:49 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

A bunch of guys in my hunting club got them a few years back when they first came out and a local tire shop jumped on the Pro Comp bandwagon real heavy. Nobody liked them, some guys didn't get to 20k miles with them.
That tire shop is now an empty building, LOL.

From what I understand the "Xtremes" are made by Cooper Tire but the regular MT and ATs are not. The Xtreme series seems to be a lot better...

Old 02-27-2011, 10:55 AM
dave-o
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got the xtreme mt, awesome tires, dunno about the others

Old 02-28-2011, 06:59 AM
pousaan
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Hammer, the reason they didn't like them was because of wear only?

Come on, there must be more ppl out there who tried these. I'm looking for honest real world experiences.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:45 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by pousaan
So Hammer, the reason they didn't like them was because of wear only?

Come on, there must be more ppl out there who tried these. I'm looking for honest real world experiences.

Nope, cupping problems, uneven wear and very prone to punctures. I wish one of the guys in my hunting club was a member. A few of them own Rams, but these south Georgia guys ain't exactly the "computer" types, LOL.
Pro Comp basically doesn't manufacture anything, like many companies today, they basically stamp their name on products they purchase through other companies.
Their wheels are mostly made by American Racing, their tuners are Hypertechs, their lower end shocks are chinese made, their higher end shocks are Tenneco made.
It's my understanding that when they got into the tire business, there was growing pains and what they learned with their original A/T & M/T tires is that they needed to partner with a better tire manufacturer. Hence the Xtreme series and a deal with Cooper tire.

Quick Reply: Any experience with Pro Comp Mud Terrain?