3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

? about mounting a homeade CAI

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 05:01 PM
lance0206
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about mounting a homeade CAI

I went and bought the PVC piping and now Im clueless on how to mount the brackets,what brackets to use,and where to mount..Ive searched lowes but couldnt think of anything to use..Could some of you guys that have done this before let me know what you used also pics would be great!!
thanks

Old 02-28-2011, 08:21 PM
lrnintendo
Amateur

Sorry I don't have pics of the one I made, but you can get some aluminum flat bar at Lowes in the hardware section somewhere by the glass, etc. I just used that and made my own. Get the more stout aluminum bar, bend around the CAI, drill and secure to itself ( the aluminum) with a short bolt and locknut, then drill a hole in the remainder and bend and install where the air box holes were or the brackets for the airbox on the engine. I made two of them. Again, Wish I did have pictures.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:30 PM
lance0206
Rookie

was the ones you got precut strips? I seen the I think they had the 3x4 sheet that i would have to cut..anyhow ill give it a try
thanks

Quick Reply: ? about mounting a homeade CAI