3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Couple of new things...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you guys go, the pics of my Tri-Fold. (Washed her yesterday) It's vinyl, but pretty sturdy. It's all I need. The ONLY porblem is that the tailgate cap pushes up on it, sooooooo I need to by a flat tailgate cap

Old 03-11-2011, 01:28 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

looks good, where did you pick up that tri fold? any chance you can get a picture of it folded up? and can it be secured while folded up so that you can utilize the bed?

Old 03-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

Originally Posted by bgbluram2
looks good, where did you pick up that tri fold? any chance you can get a picture of it folded up? and can it be secured while folded up so that you can utilize the bed?

I got it from AutoAnything.com

clips by rear window

new popnlock to keep it more secure

driver side clamps

passenger side clamps

first fold

second fold

passenger clip

driver side clip

Old 03-11-2011, 05:28 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

Pretty snazzy. I'll have to check it out.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:41 AM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

Okay, I'm considering taking off my hood stripes because they are getting small holes in them and shrinking kind of, you can see where they were put on originally and where they have moved to now is about 1 CM away from that. I would like some sort of SRT thing to replace it, now before you knock it, I know I have a V6 but I don't care because I like the way they look. I'm not necessarily going to do it, but if I did would it be better to go with the kind of stick on scoop like some of the Rumble Bees I see running around my town? Or should I dish out the money and get the whole hood? Opinions are welcome, just please try not to knock me too hard.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Razorhawg
Veteran

Originally Posted by Ethan_05_24
Okay, I'm considering taking off my hood stripes because they are getting small holes in them and shrinking kind of, you can see where they were put on originally and where they have moved to now is about 1 CM away from that. I would like some sort of SRT thing to replace it, now before you knock it, I know I have a V6 but I don't care because I like the way they look. I'm not necessarily going to do it, but if I did would it be better to go with the kind of stick on scoop like some of the Rumble Bees I see running around my town? Or should I dish out the money and get the whole hood? Opinions are welcome, just please try not to knock me too hard.
i love that youre dodge crazy but seriously ever thought about saving a little money or stopping and thinking about a direction you want to go with this truck instead of impulse buying? draw a sketch of your truck make it look the way you want it to then buy the stuff to make it look the way you want.. but if your hell bent on it id go with the real deal because i stick on scoop doesnt look that great unless you can find a way to make it look seamless and color matched

Last edited by Razorhawg; 03-12-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

Originally Posted by Razorhawg
i love that youre dodge crazy but seriously ever thought about saving a little money or stopping and thinking about a direction you want to go with this truck instead of impulse buying? draw a sketch of your truck make it look the way you want it to then buy the stuff to make it look the way you want.. but if your hell bent on it id go with the real deal because i stick on scoop doesnt look that great unless you can find a way to make it look seamless and color matched
I am saving, I just wanted to get an idea of what I'm saving for. I ask a lot of questions because I want people's opinions, especially other Dodge guys' opinions. I rarely actually get/do the stuff I ask about, I'm just trying to get ideas/opinions/and whatnot. I know I'm impulsey, hence why I ask you guys (and my dad too) first. Now, IF I get a hood, it will be closer to the end of the year or maybe even next year...unless something comes up and my truck needs repairs, I'm trying to stop buying anything for it...I still have some big bucks left that I held back from the truck and I'm saving that for something else, like a vacation or a rainy day. The hood thing was just a thought of something to save up for. I'm done spending for now...but I'm still waiting on one more item I already ordered...it should be here Monday and I'll have it one Tuesday with pics for you guys.

Last edited by Ethan_05_24; 03-12-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:17 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Truck looks good

Old 03-12-2011, 03:13 PM
ram_bo06
Captain

Lookin good man. The tonneau is a good investment. As for mods for ure truck you should look into a level. The angle of the full shot is tough to tell but it looks like you have the stock rake. I say drop the back a bit. another cheap mod that would look nice is a chrome tip for your exhaust to dress er up a bit. But lookin good!

Old 03-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

Originally Posted by ram_bo06
Lookin good man. The tonneau is a good investment. As for mods for ure truck you should look into a level. The angle of the full shot is tough to tell but it looks like you have the stock rake. I say drop the back a bit. another cheap mod that would look nice is a chrome tip for your exhaust to dress er up a bit. But lookin good!
Haha, I have a 2 inch "Level" on my truck already, the spacers really only gave me about 1" and they kind of...sank in...So I'm still about at stock height...which kind sucks...I don't where I'm going with that though.

Quick Reply: Couple of new things...