3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

brakemotive

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:00 AM
gman74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakemotive

I need brakes been searching and searching. Seen the brakemotives crossdrilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads for all 4 wheels for $218 shipped. Seems to good to be true afew guys have it said it was good. still alittle hesitant to purchase. So my question is should i take the chance or go to autozone and get the duralast gold cmax and turn the stock rotors for about the same price? thanks in advanced any info will help.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Rotors are one thing. But I like to have lifetime warranty on my pads. I have the AutoZone Cmax ceramics and love them. They brake well and dont put out a lot of dust. I am on my second pair on the front end. When i need another pair i simply take them back and get another set for free. Cant do that with ebay though.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM
gman74

the rotors are my main concern i could always replace the pads . just dont want the rotors to warp or crack. after reading all your post you ar the main reason i havent bought them yet

Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 AM
slimvela
Professional

I'm with weed, runnin same pads. However I will be ditching the Brakemotive rotors, they did not hold up any better than 'stock' in my experience. The rears started pulsating ever so slightly, felt when exiting highway only. But after this, https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...iv-report.html they all pulsate.

Our recent camping trip to the mountains proved too much for them.

In the past I've stayed with what worked best for my applications (Ford F150 & Ranger both with rear conversions, 2nd Gen SHO's, Mustangs) and that usually amounted to EBC or Brembo setups. Quite costly to be honest, but then again they were haulers, runners, & track-day/street cars.

Since this is my new daily driver I figured I could go the ebay/brakemotive route as rec by fellow 3rd Gen'rs. After this experience, I'll be going with EBC rotors all the way around once the funds are available.

Just my .02.

Last edited by slimvela; 03-08-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:11 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Ive got 78k on my truck and still running stock rotors. I had the fronts turned once.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:20 PM
gman74

just got back from autozone got the duralast c max have 69000 miles on stockers not bad just going to have rotors turned. thanks for the advise always can count on you guys!

Quick Reply: brakemotive