3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

A little advice before I take the plunge.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 04:03 AM
popdog
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With a salvage title that **** ain't worth chit. Honestly, you don't know if that thing had it's frame poorly welded back together or something. You could of got in an accident down the road in it and watched it fall apart and get seriously F'ed up.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Plainbroke
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He probably bought it off someone as a salvage title, and feels it is worth what he is asking because he fell for the first seller on a salvage title, it happens all the time. If he was in KS you would have a hard time getting insurance on it anymore. And it would have to go through the Highway patrols inspection and most never pass the first round. I am SURE you will find another truck worth the money..

Old 04-22-2011, 01:15 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
You can throw the value of mods away when looking at trade or resale, believe me I know, I have modded EVERY truck I've ever had. I currently have about $13k in mods on my '04.

Without the rebuilt title, you are looking about even. I have an '04 QCSB Hemi 4x4 with 50k on the clock and the going rate is about $15k.
This is a little OT, but is $15k really the going rate for a 7 year old truck?? This makes me feel pretty damn good about the price I bought my '08 for!

Back on topic, I agree with everyone else. I shy away from all salvage/rebuilt title vehicles, mainly because it is just so difficult to insure them. And places that will insure them, do so at exorbitant prices.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:36 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon Anderson
This is a little OT, but is $15k really the going rate for a 7 year old truck?? This makes me feel pretty damn good about the price I bought my '08 for!

Back on topic, I agree with everyone else. I shy away from all salvage/rebuilt title vehicles, mainly because it is just so difficult to insure them. And places that will insure them, do so at exorbitant prices.

Yep, retail at dealers is around $15k for an '04 QC Hemi 4x4, at least in Florida and south Georgia. Even with gas going thru the roof dealers won't come to much off of that unless the truck has issues or high mileage. Ain't really seeing private deals much lower around here either. At least asking price-wise. Dunno how low you can talk 'em down. Unemployment 'round these parts is crazy high so I'm sure a lot of people got them up for sale cause they can't afford them. Might can wheel & deal a good bit.

Now if we are talking trade-in, they ain't paying sh*t for them. I got a buddy lost his job, traded his '07 Ram, QC Hemi 4x2 ThunderRoad with 54k miles on it in on a '09 Honda CRV. He's running long distances picking up what work he can and went for the 28 mpg thing. They gave him $10,800 for it in trade and didn't take a dime off asking price on the CRV because they "over-allowed on his trade". The guy's about $6000 upside-down on this CRV now. Coulda bought a lot of gas with $6000. I dunno why people panic into dumb moves every time gas jumps???

Last edited by HammerZ71; 04-22-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Quick Reply: A little advice before I take the plunge.