3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Marklorenzo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New truck

So I bought this truck about 3 months ago

Name:  2346594481.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  35.4 KB

Not sure if it has been lifted or not. I am looking to get a more stout stance. I have put nitto trail grapplers on it already, but what my true question is, Has this truck been lifted already? Or was it stock?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:41 PM
JDG103
Veteran

nice rig.....it looks lifted...go underneath and check your rear axle to see if theres any lift blocks on it

Old 03-16-2011, 03:27 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, or if you dont know what you are looking for then take some pics and post them. We will tell you.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Marklorenzo
Veteran

There are lift blocks underneath, I believe the torsion bars were cranked up also. I was told by a member of my local dodge dealership that this was stock, but somehow I do not believe this due to most dodges that I pull up next to, I am just a bit taller then them. If it has already had blocks and keys in front, what should be my next step to raise it up just a tad bit more. The tires and rims I have on it now were from my old truck, so the option of getting different ones is out of the picture. I am wanting to give it a broader stance, where could I get some .5 inch wheel spacers? I dont want something drastic just something to show I mean business. I just recently ordered some tow mirrors to add to the look. Any tips would be greatly appreaciated.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:45 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

4wd's are naturally taller than 2wd's. But if you have blocks under the rear, the front has been lifted to be level also.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:19 PM
tomcat_m
Rookie

Originally Posted by Marklorenzo
So I bought this truck about 3 months ago

Not sure if it has been lifted or not. I am looking to get a more stout stance. I have put nitto trail grapplers on it already, but what my true question is, Has this truck been lifted already? Or was it stock?
It looks level out
You have a Hemi sticker on the truck but you say its a 5.9
So what engine do you have?

Old 03-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Marklorenzo
Veteran

That was my old truck, I had an 02 Ram with the 5.9 in it. Still cant figure out how to change my signature haha.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:48 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice truck. It looks leveled and lifted. If you cannot afford new tires, then I wouldn't bother doing anymore lifting. Your at the max most guys go with 33" rubber. You go any higher and the tires are going to kill the look and look tiny.
As for the wheel spacers, I think 3/8" is the thickest you can go before jumping to 1.25" spacers that come with studs. otherwise, you'd have to pull your axles and install longer studs. Like that will ever happen?
I'd stick with what you got. Maybe 3/8" might help you out some, but I tried on a pair of 1.5" spacers with my stock 275/60/20's and it looked ridiculous IMO. A fairly skinny tire sticking that far out. It just screams V6'er..lol Not my cup of tea anyways.

Sig..click on User CP to the left of the black bar across the top part of the screen. You'll scroll down to Settings/options--->edit signature.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:00 AM
Marklorenzo
Veteran

Thanks Dirtydog, I think I am going to save my money for the lift for when I am out of college haha.

Quick Reply: New truck