3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New Fuel Offroad Wheel...(Throttle) Opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Matt99
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should get a Zone body lift not PA. some better components for the same price (I paid $320 including shipping). The trail grapplers seem to be the best aggressive tire on the market (and the MT MTZ) that you can drive 40-50k miles on AND quite

Heres my 12.5 with the pocket flares
Name:  1e1f4b4f.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  186.1 KB

Old 03-18-2011, 07:01 PM
ram_bo06
Captain

^^^Matt you got ure flares on? they look slick. Wheres all the new pics of em?

Old 03-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Larry08
Professional

Matt, I know your a big fan of the zone lift from what i have seen on some of your other posts. But i've also seen on here that the PA seems to be the most popular. And the local shop highly recomends it. Do you know of a problem with the PA? I didn't do a lot of reserch on the zone, and the PA kit is sitting on my workbench. Already got it...you have me second guessing myself.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 AM
BigHorn777
Professional
Default I am looking at the same wheels and tire

Larry cool choice in rim and spot on with the nitto trail grapplers. I have been in contact with a local rim and tire dealership and waiting for the same rim and tires to get here. Only thing is that the picture of what you have posted and what they will really look like are really different. The one pictured is a actually a 22x14" deep rim. The rim you'd be looking at getting are much shallower in the front. I have a picture of these but have not figured out how to post it. It is in a word format and every time I try to post the picture it scrambles it??? I will PM you with a contact so I can get you the pictures.

Well I finally figured out a way to post it, click on the link below it will take you to my shutter fly account where it shows the two rims. Like I said it really changes the appearance I am hesitant to see them in person as I like the deeper look myself.
http://craigsgarage.shutterfly.com/pictures/201

Last edited by BigHorn777; 03-20-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Larry08
Professional

Sorry bighorn...i sent you a email before i seen your post. WOW what a huge dif in the look of that wheel in the size we need. I dont know what to do now. I really liked the deep look of that wheel. Now im not so sure....thank you so much for pointing that out. Guess i will do some more reserch before i make up my mind. By the way.....love your truck !

Old 03-20-2011, 12:38 PM
BigHorn777
Professional

No problem glad to be of help, I was heart broken when I seen it also. It does change it dramatically. Not to step in on your post, but I just posted a wheel vote, so take a look you might like something I post'd.. Happy hunting and make sure you keep us updated with photo's as soon as you dress her up.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Larry08
Professional

Yea, if you wouldnt have pointed that out i woulda never known. I found a package deal on e-bay, thats where i was gonna get em from. The listing on e-bay shows a pic of the deep wheel for the 18x9's...Man i woulda been pissed when they got here. I will check out your wheel vote post. Thanks again.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by ram_bo06
^^^Matt you got ure flares on? they look slick. Wheres all the new pics of em?
I just threw them on to see how I liked them before paint. Im painting them this weekend. Ill post pics then.

Originally Posted by Larry08
Matt, I know your a big fan of the zone lift from what i have seen on some of your other posts. But i've also seen on here that the PA seems to be the most popular. And the local shop highly recomends it. Do you know of a problem with the PA? I didn't do a lot of reserch on the zone, and the PA kit is sitting on my workbench. Already got it...you have me second guessing myself.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the PA lift. Zone only makes the BL for 06-08 and it has sturdier blocks and the bumper lift brackets are alot thicker. The PA is so popular because its the only one for most of the trucks on here! You will be fine with it.

Originally Posted by Larry08
Sorry bighorn...i sent you a email before i seen your post. WOW what a huge dif in the look of that wheel in the size we need. I dont know what to do now. I really liked the deep look of that wheel. Now im not so sure....thank you so much for pointing that out. Guess i will do some more reserch before i make up my mind. By the way.....love your truck !
I like the deep wheel look also. Especially on lower trucks, but they look good on lifted trucks too

Old 03-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Larry08
Professional
Old 03-22-2011, 10:58 AM
ram_bo06
Captain

nice combo, however that wheel is far from an original idea. That seems to be a pretty popular choice of wheel. Also w/ the chrome on ure truck you'd be better off w/ a black&chrome wheel package imo.

Quick Reply: New Fuel Offroad Wheel...(Throttle) Opinions??