3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Brand New Flowmaster "American Thunder System"

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:10 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New Flowmaster "American Thunder System"

After my original post

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...y-4-years.html

I got a PM from someone at Flowmaster "We would like to warranty your muffler and replace it with a stainless steel muffler covered for 10-years. Are you up for this? Sorry you had a problem."

Well, my first thought was; this sounds too good to be true, who would offer a free SS one?? Well after 2 months and a couple emails this finally arrived today.

It is the first of a line built for 04-05 Ram 1500 Hemi . It's not even on there website yet!

So a FRIGGIN BIG thanks to ??? at Flowmaster. Don't want to drop any names without permission.

It might be a week or so before I have a chance to install it, but I'll have some sound clips and pics up once it is.

Last edited by dodgenitto; 03-23-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Razorhawg
Veteran

man thats awesome customer support im glad i went with the flowmaster

Old 03-23-2011, 11:00 PM
InnerCityHillBilly
Veteran

you must be doin somthin right, thats great

Old 03-23-2011, 11:58 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

My flowmaster rusted out too.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:01 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

It's great that they did that for you, especially based on the fact it came from a thread on a forum. BUT my issue is what are they gonna do for EVERYBODY else who has had a Flowmaster rust out prematurely?

I'd bet they'd go broke just supplying the members of this one forum.

IMO, everybody who has had one rust to sh*t on them needs to start emailing Flowmaster and we'll see how they respond.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:26 PM
brmadman

Done deal, I'm getting a Magnaflow.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Blacksport
Captain

Originally Posted by brmadman
Done deal, I'm getting a Magnaflow.
I've had mine for 4 years now, and still strong! It's a little dis-colored, but solid as the day it came!

Old 03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
brmadman

Where I'm at, when somebody says new exhaust they automatically think Flowmaster. Nice to know they like to rust.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:07 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by brmadman
Where I'm at, when somebody says new exhaust they automatically think Flowmaster. Nice to know they like to rust.
I think that's the case EVERYWHERE if you are talking to the average schmoe who basically buys everything based on what he sees advertised the most. In my area, the average guy who uses his truck for daily transportation and his mods are basically a cat-back and maybe a level for bigger tires, that's the guy who has Flowmasters (the first time, I almost never see anybody replace a FM with a FM).
The guys who go beyond that and actually look at CFM, performance numbers or who will actually run a dyno, never have them.

I know I come off really negative on the Flowmasters, but I had them. Rusted out bad in what I felt was way too short a time considering I'm in the deep south. The drone was terrible (and I don't have MDS) and the more I got on good terms with a local performance shop, the more "proof" I was shone about just how bad they flow/perform.

Stainless is the way to go, especially if you have to pay for installation. I currently have a Cherry Bomb Extreme, which sounds better than any muffler I have personally ever heard on a V8. It's not stainless, but I weld and swapping out a muffler is basically a 30-45 minute thing for me with no labor cost. The CB is in fantastic shape at about roughly the same amount of time the FM was turning into swiss cheese...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 03-24-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:18 PM
brmadman

So it's not just material then. I just haven't read anything really positive about the flowmasters except the sound.

Quick Reply: Brand New Flowmaster "American Thunder System"