3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Mpg

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Lisky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mpg

I now have a new teaching job that takes me just over an hour to get to on 80km highways. I was watching my MPG carefully and low and behold I actually got to 25 mpg. This is without any mods. Now I had it on cruise pretty much the entire time and only was going 100kmh (60mph), but still not too bad.
I know the over head gage is not perfect but still. NOT TOO BAD I WOULD SAY!!

Let me know the best MPG you have ever got.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:25 PM
dodge1hemi00
Veteran

Congrats
I get 10 or 11 And 14 15 on highway

Old 03-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Plainbroke
Veteran

Originally Posted by Lisky
I now have a new teaching job that takes me just over an hour to get to on 80km highways. I was watching my MPG carefully and low and behold I actually got to 25 mpg. This is without any mods. Now I had it on cruise pretty much the entire time and only was going 100kmh (60mph), but still not too bad.

Confused was this 25 mpg or 25 kpg ?

Last edited by Plainbroke; 03-28-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:44 PM
megablacktank
Professional

Dude must be nice!!! Congrats on that man. Wish my truck would at least come close to even seeing 20! The best so far is 14.5. probably will do better on a long hwy trip but not much I would imagine.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 PM
bamataco
Veteran

Don't trust the over head. Most of them don't give correct information. Hand calculate to find out the real mileage you are getting. I hand calculate all of th etime and I have found my over head to be off almost 100 percent of the time. And what is odd to me is that the over head is off both ways,some times over and some times under.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Blacksport
Captain

WOW!!! Were you coasting down a hill?!?!?!?

Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Lisky

I totally realize that the over head is off. How off have you found it to be? I must have had a nice tail wind. Also I was continuously pressing the reset button as well, that made it climb faster otherwise it would not have read that high.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 AM
kccisco

dam ur luky. my truck only gets 8mpg wen the temp is roughly 35 degrees or colder but on that same road im able to bet 19mpgs at roughly 45 degrees or warmer. thats calculated at the pump

Old 03-30-2011, 05:31 PM
bamataco
Veteran

I totally realize that the over head is off. How off have you found it to be? I must have had a nice tail wind. Also I was continuously pressing the reset button as well, that made it climb faster otherwise it would not have read that high.
Mine has been off by a full 2 mpg in either direction. And on extremely rare occassions it has only been off by one or two tenths of a gallon. I wish I could get 20 mpgs out of my truck but it never has happened. But the interstate speed here in New Mexico is 75. And I usuallt drive 75 to 80 on the interstate conditions alowing.